LHR J Lounge - Children's play area

Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
LHR J Lounge - Children's play area

It's been a while, I don't fly much now, back to lowly basement blue.

Hope everyone is well and we have lost too many to the recent changes.

I am flying to PMI tomorrow with my now 18 month old son and fiancee. We are booked on business class ticket so we will all have lounge access. From what I remember, the north lounge has a small area for children near the computers at the far end. Is it still there and what is available for the children?

I don't recall whether or not the south lounge has a similar set up.

It would be nice to hear from someone who has utilised the facilities, either through a child or themselves.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: BA
There's not a huge amount going on in KidsZone. There's a console and a PC, and a TV usually showing cartoons. Some smaller seats, but that's about it.

This is the North lounge :-

South lounge area is left as you enter the lounge and slightly to the right (next to a coffee zone).

Seating near/outside KidsZone is better in the south lounge in my opinion.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Great, thanks malkie. Its somewhere we enclosed we can if he is being noisy

We will probably go to the north lounge as it has better views of the runway. Its somewhere quiet to take him if he starts being naughty.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:15 pm

You may want to check out the lounge Sala Formentor on your return flight from PMI (airside, D gates but easily reachable from the C gates). Unfortunately, no view of runways.
There is also a kids' zone in the lounge Sala Formentor at PMI. Not very large. If I remember correctly: Two mini tables and chairs, crayons, a few sheets from coloring books, tower of Hanoi, ...
Very kind lady at the check-in desk. In addition: nicely air-conditioned, calm and relaxing atmosphere.
In case you need an elevator for your kid since the lounge is one level down: If you stand in front of the glass doors, it is a bit hidden, about 5m on your left.

Hope this helps a bit.

Have a safe flight!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, CX MPC Gold, Avis preferred plus, MyWaitrose card
Don't forget the soft play area in T5A (near to gate A8 I think....)
englisha likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:38 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by Firemin
Don't forget the soft play area in T5A (near to gate A8 I think....)
The website still says A7 but when we used it in August it had moved around the corner to A2, and it looked like a permanent move. It has a soft play area and a separate under-2s zone, and is really quite a good, well-staffed facility. If your infant can handle him/herself it's worth a visit for the slides/frames, but a quiet corner of the lounge would probably outdo the under-2s zone (a few soft shapes to crawl over) if that's all you'd use.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Currently in the north lounge, we tried our best but he has fallen asleep. This means he will be wide awake during the flight.

The soft play is a great idea, I remember seeing it before.

Thanks for all the help. We are in Y returning so no lounge at PMI
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by pauldb
The website still says A7 but when we used it in August it had moved around the corner to A2, and it looked like a permanent move.
The move of the main kids play area to A2, taking advantage of some unused offices, is permanent. It's quite extensive, open to all young passengers under 10 years old, and would probably wear the little ones out more quickly than the Lounges. They need to be wearing socks and the children cannot be left unattended.
LancashireFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 5:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm treating my son (5) to a flight from LHR to MAN in October half term. going down the night before on train and staying over at LHR. He loves planes, but hasn't flown since 2019 hence the treat!

We're only flying Y as I got a great bargain using a few avios, but I am Silver so will be making use of the lounge. Just reading this thread with interest.

Which current BA lounge for Silvers has a kids area, and is that play area mentioned above currently open? Please.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer

Which current BA lounge for Silvers has a kids area, and is that play area mentioned above currently open? Please.
Galleries South has a kids play area, but to be honest it looks nothing like the photo above. I took my <2 year-old in there a month or so ago.

There were two video game controllers that didn't seem to be working or perhaps they were just turned off. Otherwise there were just a bunch of toys that were just fine for a 2 year old, but might bore a 5 year old after awhile. I wouldn't expect much more than an hour of entertainment, if that...
Old Oct 1, 2021, 6:50 am

OK, thanks for the tip.

We'll probably just fill our bellies with breakfast and drink, then have a walk around the terminal. It's only a domestic hand baggage only, so not like we are there for ages.

But next year we are all there as a family, so I'll tell my (then) 13 year old daughter to download stuff to her ipad!
​​​​​
Old Oct 1, 2021, 10:43 am

Not sure if this is useful, but there is also a 'kidszone' in the lounge in T3. We were in there at about 8-9 in the morning a couple of weeks ago, and were the only ones using it. Our toddler loved the plane trike it had--we couldn't stand the incessant noise from the TVs and console, and almost unplugged them... (it is not a large room).
Old Oct 1, 2021, 1:24 pm

Well we are flying LHR - MIA next May, so if they move MIA flights bakx to T3 we might find ourselves over there. Hope not, though. Not my favourite terminal.
​​​​​

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.