Wiki Posts
Search

Online Check-in message

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Online Check-in message

Hi

Just trying to check-in for my flight tomorrow and I've received the following message:-

"Sorry, we cannot complete online check-in for your flight on this occasion. Please proceed to the airport to check in and collect your boarding pass."

I'm travelling in CE out of LHR. When I checked the other day the cabin was full apart from two seats (which I had assumed were for us).
Does the above message indicate we may have been put on stand by? Or something else?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I don't think you have to worry about a downgrade - surely if CE sells more seats, they push the curtain back! I imagine worse case a Y passenger would be bumped off
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I had this a few weeks ago after i enquired about changing a leg. At check in they called ticketing and fixed it
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Are you travelling with an infant? Always the case if so.

If not, where are you travelling to? Have you filled out all "Advance Passenger Info"?

Otherwise, it happens and nothing to worry about I wouldn't think.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does the BA App show the ticket number on tomorrow's flight ?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Thanks all.

Not travelling with an infant (this time!) and it is just to Brussels so a straightforward enough route.

Mikeyfly - I've just checked more details and it is actually showing my seat as 5D and yes there is a ticket number there. So it looks as though the system this morning allocated me a seat even though I didn't realise?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Ok it looks as though it is my travelling companion causing an issue as he has no seat allocation or ticket number showing.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You can't go through online check-in without a ticket number, it stops at first base. There used to be a specific message saying "no ticket number" but that seems to have gone away. I tend to recommend using this website to check this out, you need to look at the e-ticket details. Particularly likely to happen if the passenger changed details of the booking via a contact centre after initially booking it via BA.com.

https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...&SITE=XCMTXXNS
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:05 am

We had this recently (on a 2-4-1 so I was worrying about downgrades) it was a system error with the wrong passport info for my OH
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks both.

For whatever reason it just worked after lunchtime. My companion suddenly had the ability to check-in.

Tdgraves - interestingly ours is also a 2-4-1 that I had expiring and needed to be used.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
My recommendation is to phone immediately. Many of these issues are minor nuisances, but some are serious problems. It is a lot easier to fix a problem from a telephone with a mute button allowing you to multi-task than to spend extra time at the airport and then worry about how much extra time is enough.

It is particularly helpful to know this on flights to the US, not OP's issue, where you may have been selected for additional security screening and thus need to plan on that.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by flyingmartyr
For whatever reason it just worked after lunchtime. My companion suddenly had the ability to check-in.
Ticketing is prioritised by date order, with those travelling in the next 24 hours right at the top of the list. It's an ongoing process which never ends. So it's just possible the system worked here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.