Wiki Posts
Search

LCY-->LIS?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
LCY-->LIS?

As a result of regular Monocle magazine reading I've now been brainwashed into thinking Lisbon is the number one weekend city break destination bar none. [Actually, it *is* lovely and I like going there regardless of what that mag says]. As such I've always had a wish that CityJet started up a service from LCY to save me the trek out to LHR or even LGW.

I note TAP is starting up that service from end of October, perhaps in response to growing business interest in the city, if not for the burgeoning tourist interest from people like me.

What are thoughts of CityJet jumping on the wagon? Or are a couple of TAP Embraer190s a day enough to fill any expected capacity? Is there a general consensus that you would only have one carrier operate a route such as LCY-LIS?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:41 am

I think you mean Cityflyer rather than CityJet, right? Otherwise you're in the wrong forum

On the main question, I'd be slightly surprised if they launched LIS given MAD has been dropped, albeit partly due to (over?)capacity at LHR. But who knows...
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:52 am
Suspended

It's disappointing that BA got rid of the 18.40 LCY-MAD night stopper. It'd be great to have it back, along with similar timed flights to BCN and LIS.
stewardo likes this.

Last edited by FlyerTalker39574; Sep 25, 2017 at 1:57 am
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:57 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 10, 2017 at 11:46 am
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:05 am

Barcelona gave way to Granada (itself giving way to Reykjavik for winter) - was always busy when I used it but never particularly expensive.

Cityflyer does seem to either go for absolute core high frequency biz routes or off-peak (to them) leisure with big demand that they can skim off some high yield demand. So cities like Stockholm, Madrid, Warsaw seem to fall into a middle ground that they haven't managed to make a success of

Lisbon could fall into the leisure capacity - maybe with a 1 x daily similar to Prague - though I'd question the scale of the demand to keep it consistently full and it's quite a long sector so ties up a frame for a good period of time

More likely to see this by TAP I'd have thought as they can carry the connecting traffic also
NoTiersForMe likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
I guess it'll depend on how the tap route performs. Tap appear fairly bullish (they don't sell discount business tickets on the route for example). If there is such a big revenue potential on the route I am fairly sure that BA will join the party...
NoTiersForMe likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:33 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 10, 2017 at 11:46 am
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Isn't TAP on the IAG 'want' list, I guess for coverage of parts of Africa that BA currently don't reach?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There's more to life than Monocle! But yes, Lisbon is a wonderful city, as is Oporto.

Here is a list of LCY destinations:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...on/london-city

Many of them are seasonal or don't work for weekends, LCY's operating hours must make Sundays a bit of nightmare for scheduling.
NoTiersForMe likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:41 am

:D

thanks
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Thanks all - yes Cityflyer not CityJet. I do confuse those two

Good to have perspective on the other routes that have come and gone. As well as the reminder on IAG interest in TAP.

Last edited by NoTiersForMe; Sep 25, 2017 at 7:15 am Reason: airline typos

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.