Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Concorde Room Card and Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
BA Concorde Room Card and Benefits

I have noticed on BA's T&C that there are changes to the Concorde Room Card:

These changes in the T&C were made on 10 July 2017 and states the following:

Only the Member named on the card may use it (no guest access allowed) or quote the Membership number. Cards are not transferable in any circumstances.

Previously, guests were allowed so can any FT members can comment on the changes.

If true then this is a major downgrade by BA.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 380Flyer
I have noticed on BA's T&C that there are changes to the Concorde Room Card:
I don't think there have been any recent changes to the CCR card guesting rules. The text you refer to has I think been in the T&C for some time ...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...its-guest.html (from Nov 2013)
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL For Life: Hilton Diamond: IHG Platinum
I can categorically confirm that on the 5 or 6 times I have accessed the CCR over the last month or or so I have had no issues bringing in a guest as usual.

Nothing to see here I think
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Terms are unchanged. This line has always been there, perhaps as a legacy from when guesting wasn't allowed, but it definitely still is.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 6:46 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
I took a guest in two weeks ago.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
The letter which comes with the cards states very clearly that you are allowed a guest
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
I also wondered about that wording. My take, although it is poor English, is that only the card owner can use the card but the owner can guest.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:12 am

Perhaps the text means the card cant be passed to someone else to access as your guest (ie without the cardholder). This would tie in with the 'non-transferable' sentence.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Terms are unchanged. This line has always been there, perhaps as a legacy from when guesting wasn't allowed, but it definitely still is.
Correct. Guests are a relatively new perk, I suppose they'll get round to changing the wording in due course .. ... ..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.