Wiki Posts
Search

Is There A BA Rep On This Forum?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Is There A BA Rep On This Forum?

Does anyone know if there is still a BA representative on this forum and, if so, how I could PM them with a problem?
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:19 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

See the wiki on the this thread :-

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...dashboard.html
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Someone popped up and gave away some tickets for the i360 Brighton. They're not however an active participant
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Someone popped up and gave away some tickets for the i360 Brighton. They're not however an active participant
So I sent them a PM. Are you saying they don't respond to these?
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, can't confirm if they PM, they may well do. They don't seem to post
Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:23 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
We have a number of official reps here, who deal with different aspects of BA - BAEC issues, Avios/TP crediting, website, app.

You need to be aware that they are not dedicated to FT, and have their own jobs to do as well, so - perhaps unlike some members - they do not live here. Your PM will get a response, but it won't necessarily be instant.

Perhaps if you give us a clue as to what your query is, we might be able to point you in the right direction, or even help you here.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 2:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Perhaps if you give us a clue as to what your query is, we might be able to point you in the right direction, or even help you here.
I would underline this. I had a discussion some time ago with a former BA lurker here, and I was shocked at the amount of PMs they got, some FTers, including some household names, would send multiple PMs for every single flight they did, and while they love to be helpful, it really isn't their job. With a million passengers flying BA every 8 days, the amount of individual attention anyone gets is going to be limited. Depending on the issue, a phone call or Twitter may be a better approach, but usually FT is the best resource of the lot. Sure they can help when things get totally stuck, but usually conventional escalation routes are more effective and often faster.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 2:43 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I had a discussion some time ago with a former BA lurker here, and I was shocked at the amount of PMs they got, some FTers, including some household names, would send multiple PMs for every single flight they did, and while they love to be helpful, it really isn't their job.
I always understood the protocol to be that a PM to one of the 'official' lurkers was really a last resort (i.e. been through all the usual communication channels and still having significant issues).

Why on earth are some of the regulars here contacting the lurkers about every flight they take? It seems we may have more DYKWIAs on here than we thought! My only guess is they are asking for upgrades or trying to find something to moan about in the hope of getting some extra Avios.

I just checked my PM's .... in 12 years of Flyertalking i've contacted the official helpers 6 times ... 4 in relation to giveaways they were running (where I had won something ) and twice in relation to technical issues with ba.com and bookings.

I would suggest that anyone spamming the helpers with needless messages should be advised to use the normal communication channels. If they continue they should report them to Flyertalk or have their messages blocked.
Stez and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
If there is a rep here who deals with websites/customer pre-flight communication - maybe just have a look at this. One of the most frustrating things for me is building up customer expectations and then dashing them. Leaves one feeling annoyed, when if you had not built up any expectation in the first place, no negative feelings would have been created.

This morning I received an e-mail from BA all about preparation for my upcoming flight. It is in Club.

The e-mail starts:
"Welcome to that unrivalled feeling of anticipation that only an approaching journey can bring! It's time to double-check you have completed all your preparations and are ready to go. Take a look at our suggestions to help ensure you're on course for your best trip yet"

The very first item on the list of options is "Pre-book your preferred dining choices in Club World"

So I duly log in and find where I need to go to select the meal to receive the following message: "You will be served complimentary food and drinks on-board, although you won’t be able to order your meal in advance for this flight."

It is not a big issue, but why create a negative perception to start with when it can be avoided? So maybe get your tech guys/gals to see if they can make sure that e-mails saying choose your inflight meal only go out to people who can actually choose their inflight meals.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agreed, it very much is one size fits all on the pre flight emails seven days before, I’m often in First with gold and can have more luggage that you could possibly need - yet it tries to upset more luggage! I’m a firm HBO most of the time...
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
We have a number of official reps here, who deal with different aspects of BA - BAEC issues, Avios/TP crediting, website, app.

You need to be aware that they are not dedicated to FT, and have their own jobs to do as well, so - perhaps unlike some members - they do not live here. Your PM will get a response, but it won't necessarily be instant.

It has to do with the Travel Together e-voucher offered by the Chase BA Visa credit card. There are two of us on this forum who met the $30,000 spend requirement over 6 weeks ago and our vouchers have not posted to our accounts. Repeated contacts with Chase have been met with "Contact BA" responses. If I don't receive my e-voucher by Oct 3rd it will be pretty much useless as availability for our trip to LHR will open up then and the limited award seats made available will be immediately snapped up. Someone in the forum on the Chase BA Visa said that a year or so ago the BA representative on FT was able to help them when they had the same problem.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
It has to do with the Travel Together e-voucher offered by the Chase BA Visa credit card. There are two of us on this forum who met the $30,000 spend requirement over 6 weeks ago and our vouchers have not posted to our accounts. Repeated contacts with Chase have been met with "Contact BA" responses.
I can see you have contacted Chase, but have you done the same for BA, have you called the Contact Centre about this? After that, I would send in a Tweet, expecting to send in the specific problem details via DM. Last resort, then yes reach out to the Rep here, but only after everything else has been tried.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I can see you have contacted Chase, but have you done the same for BA, have you called the Contact Centre about this? After that, I would send in a Tweet, expecting to send in the specific problem details via DM. Last resort, then yes reach out to the Rep here, but only after everything else has been tried.
I have called the Executive Club number and all they can tell me is that they have not received the e-voucher from Chase. What is BA's Twitter address - @BA ??
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:58 am

I have called the Executive Club number and all they can tell me is that they have not received the e-voucher from Chase. What is BA's Twitter address - @BA ??
https://twitter.com/British_Airways
and hence: @british_Airways
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:08 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
It has to do with the Travel Together e-voucher offered by the Chase BA Visa credit card. There are two of us on this forum who met the $30,000 spend requirement over 6 weeks ago and our vouchers have not posted to our accounts. Repeated contacts with Chase have been met with "Contact BA" responses. If I don't receive my e-voucher by Oct 3rd it will be pretty much useless as availability for our trip to LHR will open up then and the limited award seats made available will be immediately snapped up. Someone in the forum on the Chase BA Visa said that a year or so ago the BA representative on FT was able to help them when they had the same problem.
I'd go with the advice from c-w-s as well - given the immediacy, you will get a far quicker response from Twitter than by PMing the official rep, who is really responsible for development of the BAEC FFP more than anything else. That means she wouldn't necessarily be entirely au fait with the day-to-day mechanisms of how to get your voucher to show in your account (and will be overwhelmed with other work), whereas the Twitter team seem to have wide ranging abilities to talk to many different departments to get things resolved quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.