Toronto lounge hours

Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Toronto lounge hours

Anyone happened to have noticed recently what the opening time is? BA site says 15.30 but know it's not always right. First flight out is 6.30 so assume still 3 hours?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:34 am

it is around that yes. I will be leaving from YYZ tonight and if I get a chance i will double check for you.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
May well see you there!
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by bermyandy
May well see you there!
I'm supposed to be going out via NYC ... we'll see ... the American flight has been majorly delayed or cancelled several times this week already. So I suspect I may get a re-route direct ...
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by MPH1980
I'm supposed to be going out via NYC ... we'll see ... the American flight has been majorly delayed or cancelled several times this week already. So I suspect I may get a re-route direct ...
If you're going via NYC, you won't have access to the international departures area of YYZ, you'll be in the USA preclearance area.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by deeruck
If you're going via NYC, you won't have access to the international departures area of YYZ, you'll be in the USA preclearance area.
Yes - I know - I was banking on the IRROPS occuring on the YYZ-JFK flight and being re-routed direct. Hence the 'if I get a chance' comment.

:-)

But it looks like my flight is on time. We'll see though.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I was there over the August Bank Holiday weekend.

Check in opened around 1510 ( with a large queue for WT,WT+CW building up by that time but I was the first to check in in F.)

By the time I had cleared security , everyone initially joins the one line then shortly after splits for a priority security lane ( around 5 min wait) and walking to the lounge the lounge had just opened ( around 1530 ) and I was first in.

Sandwiches, cheese and salads are brought out around 4pm and and First dining and Club World dining opens at 1700.

I entered just after 5pm , had a leisurely 3 course dinner and then coffee in the main area it was approaching 6pm and shortly afterwards , the call to board came.

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by MPH1980
Yes - I know - I was banking on the IRROPS occuring on the YYZ-JFK flight and being re-routed direct. Hence the 'if I get a chance' comment.

:-)

But it looks like my flight is on time. We'll see though.
And ... I'm delayed almost 2 hours. And American's famed 'protect separate tickets' policy was denied until i argued a lot ... and i got some checked through bags instead (which will allow me to make the connection if the delay doesn't get worse)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.