Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San Josι (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montrιal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
They have come out fine, thanks for the update, and at least you had a good sleep on your return!
This should help allay any fears people have about the new night service causing a disturbance for those who prefer to sleep from the off.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA, VS,
I am sorry but I do struggle with the concept of a wine glass without a stem.
bafan and 81romeo like this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:24 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by stuart101
I understand it gets easier to wrestle with this concept after the first few glasses.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by Calchas
Buy on board took some time from rumour to air and not all shorthaul routes have it yet.
Yet the cabin densification on shorthaul was done quite quickly, compared to NF for example.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
If it's good enough for Riedel it's good enough for me! Having knocked over several glasses of wine in Club I think it's a great idea plus you get more in them. Win win! I think until they have more spacious seats with room to put things as you get out of the seat it's probably a good idea.
Pascoe likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by headingwest
Credit where credit is due, the photos in this thread show that this is a definite improvement presentation. I particularly like the glassware.

It certainly looks nicer to see everything on display, but my only concern is that in the winter you might get someone coughing and spluttering all over the food!
Not just in winter - people are disgusting all year round!

I have another serious concern - are there still chocolates???
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by BA6501
Yet the cabin densification on shorthaul was done quite quickly, compared to NF for example.
Don't you think it is a much easier job to swap out standard seats on a short haul aircraft than to completely re-do a First cabin?
gustavmahler likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:14 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by atcer28
If it's good enough for Riedel it's good enough for me! Having knocked over several glasses of wine in Club I think it's a great idea plus you get more in them. Win win! I think until they have more spacious seats with room to put things as you get out of the seat it's probably a good idea.
Although in theory for white / fizz the stem serves partly to ensure that your warm hands aren't near the wine, surely.

Works better for red imho. But I don't have a big problem with it and slightly warm white is far far less annoying than a pinot grigio scented carpet so on balance it's cool.

And yes, Riedel do make these, although courtesy of Mrs P, looking my kitchen cabinet I am reminded that they also make really nice ones with stems on
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by makin'miles
While there have apparently been logistical issues with the colour of the new CW blankets, I do hope the roll-out of the new bedding and amenity kits will not be as drawn out - surely that should be significantly less complicated.

Separately, WTP first meal service includes a "Club World Main." On JFK flights, does anyone know if WTP passengers are receiving these new Do+Co CW mains, or the old CW mains?
I think someone somewhere posted a pic of the beef with bubble and squeak in WTP? (ie an old CW meal). I seem to recall thinking I might actually ask on my next J flight if that was available. But having seen the excellent reporting from CWS, I am intending to try the new J offering in its entirety now before I resort to trying to finagle it.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Don't you think it is a much easier job to swap out standard seats on a short haul aircraft than to completely re-do a First cabin?
Very true, but whilst this was not what the OP referred to, it now looks like the densification of the long haul LGW fleet will also be completed very quickly with many long haul routes already showing the new denser cabin configuration for the summer schedule. That, at any rate, would be a fairly heavy job.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Very true, but whilst this was not what the OP referred to, it now looks like the densification of the long haul LGW fleet will also be completed very quickly with many long haul routes already showing the new denser cabin configuration for the summer schedule. That, at any rate, would be a fairly heavy job.
They will most likely do it during the C checks which occur every year or two, that's what happens at other airlines. It doesn't really matter how long the cabin refit takes as the aircraft will be out of action for a few days anyway. They're unlikely to pull aircraft out of service just to change the seats.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 4:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I couldn't agree more, I am just hoping I get used to is, or that they have a change of heart if enough people feed back (although looking on here most people seem happy with the new glasses)

Either that or I will take a stemmed glass from GF
Pascoe and 81romeo like this.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by Gomac

Either that or I will take a stemmed glass from GF
Like Alan Partridge with his extra large plate.....

Jimmie76 and Gomac like this.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I had the lunch service yesterday MrD had the soup and the fish, I had the smoked salmon and the beef.
The fish came out browned and was overcooked which was a shame, the beef was more of a success with the Short rib being very tasty and the tiny fillet was pink and not done until it surrendered. I am not so sure about the gnocchi with the 'cafe de Paris sauce' which did not sit well with the sauce on the short rib - YMMV
The starters were a success with the soup being very good and the salmon being good and the serving was generous.
I will post some photos at a later date as they are on my UK phone .
I did love the Arthur Daly style cut glass tumblers. ^
Old Sep 6, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Bronze
As promised - here are the photos of the meal - you can see the fish is toasty brown ! Name:  IMG_2302.jpg
Views: 2010
Size:  431.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2299.jpg
Views: 1990
Size:  412.0 KB
Apologies for the blurry afternoon tea photo !
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.