Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:02 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
- Free drinks (incl. alcoholic beverages) for status holders
- Free water, tea, coffee and juice for everyone
- Not running out of stock
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:22 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I'd like to see a return of the concept of hospitality with lightning quick service. BA crews have the experience and can deliver it, so abolish BOB and revert to the 2016 offering.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Ask the BA people to fly on TK or A3 and see what they offer and do the British equivalent of that.

But BoB is a symptom of a much deeper malaise. Trying to be the cheapest if a rotten business model. I don't see BA changing anything until the current management bail out.
IAN-UK and T8191 like this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:40 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by dakaix
I have a friend in MF who's managed to swing a meeting with BA Management (specifically the head of BoB), and they're planning to discuss the issues/concerns that are being seen in the field. They wondered if the FT hivemind might like to contribute some of their comments.

I've already shared the BoB comments thread, however in an effort to produce something more condensed and current, I figured a separate thread might be in order. (Mod's, please merge if appropriate)

So BAFT, if you had the opportunity to pass along some constructive criticism to the head of BoB, what would you say?
While you're at it, can you ask your chum to pass on that the catering in Y on the DME flights is an absolute disgrace and revert back to proper catering pleeease

S
Rami Tamimi likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by Dave_C
What is the head of BoB's incentive plan for that year? Only something that aligns to that is going to have a hope in hell of being implemented.

I'd love to see the NPS since the changes for on-board catering. Especially broken down by exec club tier.
alternatively fire that person and contract the whole European operation out to a competent LCC (that excludes the mess that is vueling).

Ryanair seem to manage to be on time, sell bob well, manage carry on better than Ba and can run to time and it seems to be a far better run operation -and something Ba ggl at f+m dos seem to agree with.
Dave_C, the810 and streetmagix like this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Free soft drinks (as mentioned loads of times abive)

Sandwiches without tomatoes. Every sandwich has tomatoes and I'm allergic to raw tomatoes so I can't eat any of the sandwiches..
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Just get rid of this BoB nonsense altogether and go back to offering decent service as a connecting premium carrier like they once did, when they were actually less profitable.
Wembleygal, florens and cosmo74 like this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:22 pm

I'd just like them to implement the proposition properly and at least get to the level of an LCC.

1. Ensure reliable availability. It's impossible to plan for food being available on board because it's so patchy, thus when travelling with kids we HAVE to bring our own. If we knew 95%+ that there would be food, we wouldn't bother, thus they lose £20 of revenue from us each time.
2. Allow free food during delays. With easyJet we were delayed ?90mins? and everyone was allowed up to (I think) £5 from the menu. With BA we were delayed 2 hrs on the ground, yet couldn't even get a cup of water.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
A - Get rid of BOB (stop being cheap BA)

if not possible,
B - Free soft drinks and some sort of voucher / free drink option for Elites.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
1) A complimentary welcome drink and snack (eg tea and biscuit) for everyone and G&T for golds.
2) Bring down the cost of a G&T as its currently so eye wateringly expensive and I cant bring myself to buy one.
3) Pre-order/pre-pay or some other way to guarantee there will be food and gin on board, especially for those connecting.
4) Bring back hot meals!
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:38 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ianwall
As a minimum, bring it up to match the American Airlines offering.
Careful what you wish for, on some routes AA offer no BoB and provide just water or OJ down the back, no bar service at all.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat.
Service recovery from the BoB trolley. It has become clear that BA's opinion of the value of the items on the trolley outweighs their trust in CC. Recent threads of folks with high cost last minute CE bookings w/o a meal is a classic example of appropriate service recovery.

I like CWS' idea of a use it or lose it avios supplement since this avoids the bad optics of status folks appearing to get free stuff while non status neighbors do not.

Use it or lose it also aids those of us in L/H WTP/WT who rush thru T5 to make a S/H connection and need a beverage.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by Purim
Service recovery from the BoB trolley. It has become clear that BA's opinion of the value of the items on the trolley outweighs their trust in CC.
Are you sure that's the situation? I presumed the situation is as it is because BA have outsourced the entire BOB catering business, including risk, to Tourvest. This would explain the absence of discretion for crew, the stock is Tourvest's property. It would also explain why stock levels are often inadequate, because their interest is minimising waste, maximising profit - not satisfying passenger appetite.

I think the best suggestion here is CWS proposal of bringing the business in house, so that they can at least improve the passenger experience of the BOB concept.

I can't imagine BA would need a member of MF to tell them that passengers would prefer complimentary refreshments.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:39 pm

A plastic bag and a 30-second "supermarket sweep" style dash through one of the lounges to anyone with lounge access flying BoB.
onylon likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Something that at least allows status some "recognition" ....

For example

bronze.... free non alcoholic drink
silver ... bronze + a sandwich
gold ... silver + alcoholic drink

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.