Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jaguar transfer tight connections

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Jaguar transfer tight connections

A welcome addition to the Heathrow ba connection experience. Would be interesting to see what 'tight' refers to:

http://www.godsavethepoints.com/2017/08/28/british-airways-vip-london-heathrow-jaguar-transfers/
Old Aug 28, 2017, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Davehereford
A welcome addition to the Heathrow ba connection experience. Would be interesting to see what 'tight' refers to:

http://www.godsavethepoints.com/2017...uar-transfers/
This is not an addition. The special services 'cut through' transfer has existed for years, but it's for genuine VIP in general as well as exceptionally the occasional high contribution CCR cardholder on a 'once every very many trips' basis. What the article suggests is that they are increasing its use but it still seems vague to what extent. In my view, the question is not so much what will change in the 'tight connection' concept but what will change in the 'vip' definition, and I wouldn't be overly optimistic.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 1:26 am
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Originally Posted by orbitmic
This is not an addition. The special services 'cut through' transfer has existed for years, but it's for genuine VIP in general as well as exceptionally the occasional high contribution CCR cardholder on a 'once every very many trips' basis. What the article suggests is that they are increasing its use but it still seems vague to what extent. In my view, the question is not so much what will change in the 'tight connection' concept but what will change in the 'vip' definition, and I wouldn't be overly optimistic.
unless the rules have changed very recently, you need a CIV score of 99 or above to be offered the Jag service (and it applies to arrivals as well as transfers).
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:19 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I noted the Group CEO of a major UK registered bank had this service when we both returned from MEX a few years ago.77

I made my way to the large immigration queue on the train from B/C gates!
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
I noted the Group CEO of a major UK registered bank had this service when we both returned from MEX a few years ago.77

I made my way to the large immigration queue on the train from B/C gates!
Know your place

Have never had it either if it's any comfort
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by KARFA
Know your place

Have never had it either if it's any comfort
I have
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I have

Guess the swear word!
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:46 am

The wording used internally was 'premium passengers' as opposed to VIP.

It's certainly new in how it will be proactively managed day to day, to send the resources to the tightest connections. A message will be sent to the crew of the inbound aircraft to alert the passenger to the fact they will be met for a tarmac transfer.
godsavethepoints likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I have
I might have known you would have had it 😁 you will be Premier soon I am convinced of it Tobias 😉
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
I've had the Land Rover discovery from the aircraft before.

/edit and no it wasn't a police Land Rover before any of you lot say it!
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I was offered this service last Tuesday coming off the 1630 Abz flight connecting on to the DEL flight. Had to turn them down as I didn't fancy sitting at the C gates for more than I had to. Nice touch though.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:17 am

http://mediacentre.britishairways.co.../8762?ref=Home

The new scheme applies to customers travelling on a UK domestic flight, who are connecting on to either a short-haul flight in Club Europe, a long-haul service in Club World (long haul business class) or First, or who are Silver or Gold Executive Club members.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by jonas123
http://mediacentre.britishairways.co.../8762?ref=Home

The new scheme applies to customers travelling on a UK domestic flight, who are connecting on to either a short-haul flight in Club Europe, a long-haul service in Club World (long haul business class) or First, or who are Silver or Gold Executive Club members.
Ah, specifically for domestic connections, so very good for a few of our regular posters who fully deserve it, but unfortunately utterly useless to the rest of us...
Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Ah, specifically for domestic connections, so very good for a few of our regular posters who fully deserve it, but unfortunately utterly useless to the rest of us...
Indeed! Why on earth only domestic connections?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Upupintheair
Indeed! Why on earth only domestic connections?
Because otherwise you have to clear security.
orbitmic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.