Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ORD F Lounge [temporary closure, now reopened]

Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

On the CX forum, it is reported that BA F lounge at ORD is closed for construction.

Does anyone here have any information on this matter -- esp. when it will reopen.

I liked the direct access from the lounge to the jetway. But it was otherwise an unimpressive lounge.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by observer
I liked the direct access from the lounge to the jetway. But it was otherwise an unimpressive lounge.
Even with the direct access from the lounge it has always been unimpressive for a First class lounge.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:54 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The Chicago lounges have been slated for new investment (along with Aberdeen, Geneva, Rome, San Francisco, Johannesburg, and Manchester). It is possible the decision to roster the A380 on the LHR-ORD route from next May has triggered an accelerated investment.

The BA media article is light on details - one would hope that a solution can be found to expand both lounges at ORD.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prospero
The Chicago lounges have been slated for new investment (along with Aberdeen, Geneva, Rome, San Francisco, Johannesburg, and Manchester). It is possible the decision to roster the A380 on the LHR-ORD route from next May has triggered an accelerated investment.

The BA media article is light on details - one would hope that a solution can be found to expand both lounges at ORD.
Thanks. This makes sense. I believe that the A380-equipped upper level gate is M11A (a sister of the gate BA currently uses for 777 and 747).

Nonetheless, does anyone on this board know when the ORD F lounge will reopen?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Prospero
one would hope that a solution can be found to expand both lounges at ORD.
I suspect the more likely scenario is a combined F/J lounge, with separate ground dining products (Club World Pre-Flight Supper and Concorde Dining) as per IAD and BOS.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred Plus, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
No one have any intel on this? Flying F from ORD in November.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I am interested too... I am flying F from ORD on 4th Sept. Anyone know what lounge facilities will we have?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I am flying from ORD to LHR this evening on BA; I'll advise what the situation is.

Doc Copper
Old Aug 26, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Both BA lounges are open. The First lounge was closed temporarily for three days because of a faulty dishwasher, which also had an impact on other services (water and power) in the First lounge. Although the dishwasher has (as at 26 August) yet to be repaired/replaced, the First lounge is open for business.

Doc Copper

Last edited by DoctorCopper; Aug 26, 2017 at 7:27 pm
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred Plus, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks for looking into it. Not quite the exciting news I had hoped for!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.