Wiki Posts
Search

BA complaints e-mail address

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

BA complaints e-mail address

Dear all,

After months of suffering in silence at the hands of BA's occasionally patchy service, today they really caused me to lose my patience.

I now wish to complain about the inconvenience they have caused me, together with a more general list of observations regarding their recent poor service incidents.

I've gone onto BA.com and the web-form available appears to be for 'food and drink or EU trip related complaints'. The other link appears to take me in a full circle back to the initial link.

Can someone please advise who I should be contacting to express my dissatisfaction with the service I've received?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by baflyer999
Dear all,

After months of suffering in silence at the hands of BA's occasionally patchy service, today they really caused me to lose my patience.

I now wish to complain about the inconvenience they have caused me, together with a more general list of observations regarding their recent poor service incidents.

I've gone onto BA.com and the web-form available appears to be for 'food and drink or EU trip related complaints'. The other link appears to take me in a full circle back to the initial link.

Can someone please advise who I should be contacting to express my dissatisfaction with the service I've received?
If it is really a last resort, message the executive club reps on this board and they might be able to route your message. If it is relating general service of the airline, well that is unlikely to change and you won't get anything out of it besides wasted time and more frustration.

Globalist
subject2load likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Unfortunately there is no email address for what you are looking for. You are basically stuck with the web form which won't really be answered in a manner satisfactory to you. You could try calling your EC number, but I doubt they'll care much either. Welcome to the new BA.
yb90 and subject2load like this.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
As with many large organisations, trying to get an individualised and meaningful response from BA can be tricky. I think it probably depends on what you want.

If you want service failings recognised, then pursue the webforms. There are other forms than the one you mention, but if you are struggling to find them you could use the EU link and add at the top it's not about EC261. The responses tend to be cut and paste, but the complaints are monitored at the top end, and reported in a statistical form to senior management. So they would pick up "big increase food and drink complaints" for example.

If you want a personalised response then you best speak to UK Customer Relations, by calling the number shown in the Contacts area, during the UK afternoon (due to processing the IT meltdown backlog, they aren't answering calls in the morning as a temporary arrangement).

There is some logic in sending in the form and then calling after a few days with the log number. Make sure the complaint is focused on the points that really matter and uses the fewest number of words to get the point across. I gather some complaints are epics, and these aren't the complaints that will get much attention.

If it's a relatively minor but irritating problem, you best raise it with a CSD/CSM with an iPad, since they can do some lower level customer remediation on the spot. (Non working IFE, seat problems). Generally speaking raising a complaint immediately is the best way to resolve it, rather than festering with it for a few days, even though it is a bit counter-culture for Brits.

If you want tactics or advise as to how to minimise problems going forward then your best approach is to detail them here on BA Flyertalk, though one has to discriminate a bit on the usefulness of some of the replies.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:44 am

Completely agree with others here, keep it short and sweet and only mention issues you would like a resolution for. BA won't be keen on hearing how best to run their business.

I have used this email address before: [email protected]
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: AA EXP
Here it is. [email protected]
cme17 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
FWIW, I've always found the Twitter account helpful. A bit of a faff but a good way to get it all done and dusted. Good luck.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
[email protected]
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Send in a complaint about the "inconvenience they have caused" and leave it at that. 2-3 short declarative sentences which point to a specific and solveable issue, e.g. "I ordered a low-sodium meal and received Asian vegetarian."

General concerns won't receive any attention and will not even be read. You will receive a pre-formatted non-apology.

Like it or not, nobody will read about general concerns, how things have changed for the worse and so on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.