Wiki Posts
Search

A BA legend in his own lunchtime.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
A BA legend in his own lunchtime.

I am sitting here in the Concorde room for the first time and, after taking KARFA's advice at the Jersey Do, I am sipping on an espresso martini, (very nice by the way) after the obligatory BA 175 of course. And, whilst engaging the very nice bar lady in a bit of chit chat the FT forum and the reason for my second visit to the lounge today came up (LHR- SVG -LHR - SIN - SYD B2B GUF2 to F). She immediately knew what I was referring to and moved the conversation onto our very own C-W-S ( the mug was also mentioned).
So I thought it was, well, basically nice / appropriate to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to C-W-S and several other major contributors to the FT forum for spiking my interest in the BA forum, and for encouraging me to turn a bl**dy long commute/ journey into an adventure.

So thanks all .

Hope to be back in here sooner rather than later and am considering doing some scenic routes to Melbourne in order to hit the GGL requirement next year.

Rgds OF
KARFA, Yllanes, 20Rothmans and 5 others like this.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Who was it at the bar? One of the managers - Emma (the French lady), or one of the barista?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Glad you are enjoying it. Tbh many of my problems today have stemmed from having too many espresso martinis last night. I think I had 3/4 in the end (I can't remember exactly) after a few glasses of champagne, and I finished off with a mojito.

Waking up at 0500 was not easy, and although offered champagne this morning I couldn't face it and stuck to coffee!
Tafflyer, aks120 and LondonAndy like this.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by KARFA
Glad you are enjoying it. Tbh many of my problems today have stemmed from having too many espresso martinis last night. I think I had 3/4 in the end (I can't remember exactly) after a few glasses of champagne, and I finished off with a mojito.

Waking up at 0500 was not easy, and although offered champagne this morning I couldn't face it and stuck to coffee!
At least you made your flight (sorry KARFA - couldn't resist!)

Pilot37
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA

It never is.^
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:26 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Pilot37
At least you made your flight (sorry KARFA - couldn't resist!)

Pilot37
Haha, yes I did consider staying in bed and getting up later to go for the train instead, but I didn't want to miss another flight!
LondonAndy likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
nufnuf77 forgotten the name already but it was a dark haired lady (spanish accent ?) barista behind the bar who was very adept at making those very nice martinis. I think her name begins with a C. As an aside I am now in the what looks like newly refurbished Concorde bar in the BA lounge in Singapore airport. Very nice and a nice surprise as I didn't realise that there was one here. No need to visit the Qantas lounge now over BA . The sad thing now is that the argument for chasing TPs and associated vouchers and privileges is getting stronger and stronger.

First First experience has also been very good so far. All staff from Heathrow through to this lounge have been very personable and professional.

OF
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:27 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
I wonder what the legal status of the CWS mug will be when BA finally declares bankruptcy?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Worcester
I wonder what the legal status of the CWS mug will be when BA finally declares bankruptcy?
Haha. Perhaps CWS will buy it along with the rest of the airline for a pound?
LondonAndy likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:18 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by lavajava
Haha. Perhaps CWS will buy it along with the rest of the airline for a pound?
If he takes the airline - I'll take over as Director of Cabin Services and give the passengers what they want. No expense spared!

It'll be payment enough to have CIHY reporting to me!
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
If he takes the airline - I'll take over as Director of Cabin Services and give the passengers what they want. No expense spared!

It'll be payment enough to have CIHY reporting to me!
I'm sure CIHY will be along shortly with a suitable comment
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Cent, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hilton Diam(given it though I'd never stayed in a Hilton)
My dear Pucci, I fear you undersell yourself: nothing less than Director of Ops or CEO with CWS as proprietor will do...you should appoint CIHY as your Director of Cabin Services and have not only him but the whole airline report to you
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:02 pm

Now there's a thought: "Fantasy BA". Like fantasy football with the regulars on BAEC FlyerTalk. Naturally PUCCI GALORE couldn't help but be Director of Cabin Services

So, if corporate-wage-slave is proprietor (Laker-esque, but perhaps less likely to be caught out by unexpected commodity price rises), I can think of a few suitable candidates for other roles...

Some of the regulars on the Tier Points and Premium Fares threads might do well as Route Planning/Revenue Management Directors (step forward, for instance, KARFA), while florens' seemingly single-handed efforts in the Load Factor tracking thread suggest a promising future in Fleet Utilisation.
PUCCI GALORE and florens like this.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK * A Gold, Qatar Gold
CWS

Funnily enough I had been thinking of starting a very similar thread. I have been on amd off this board for a number of years (I once met Stez in Newcastle). CWS always has helpful answers and is a huge asset for the forum. Thank you CWS,

Last edited by barobson; Aug 20, 2017 at 3:10 pm
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by squawk
Now there's a thought: "Fantasy BA". Like fantasy football with the regulars on BAEC FlyerTalk. Naturally PUCCI GALORE couldn't help but be Director of Cabin Services

So, if corporate-wage-slave is proprietor (Laker-esque, but perhaps less likely to be caught out by unexpected commodity price rises), I can think of a few suitable candidates for other roles...

Some of the regulars on the Tier Points and Premium Fares threads might do well as Route Planning/Revenue Management Directors (step forward, for instance, KARFA), while florens' seemingly single-handed efforts in the Load Factor tracking thread suggest a promising future in Fleet Utilisation.
I have a compassionate nature so I'd like to put myself forward for head of customer complaints.
seat 13a and squawk like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.