Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA tier points not posting

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Ok. This is reassuring to hear. My LAX-OGG from the 2nd hasn't posted yet for a flight booked into the J bucket. I'm flying the return tonight so I'll wait for the credit to trickle through. I'm not even half way through the year so I'm not in a hurry!

Last edited by srbrenna; Aug 18, 2017 at 4:43 pm
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Amygdala28
No, I've enjoyed another day on the beach and flew on Friday night
Lucky you!!
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Glad I came across this thread but looks like it is common and generally with AA not overly surprised. The only posted tier points are from MAN-PHL-but sectors CLT-SAT-LAX-JFK-MAN all from last Friday to Wednesday this week not posted. Additionally, I was far from impressed with AA and generally the whole experience kinda sucked from the check in, TSA, ground staff and general attitude..while I did also experience old 767 service without flat bed back to MAN. Live and learn..🤔😏
Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by nivsy
Glad I came across this thread but looks like it is common and generally with AA not overly surprised. The only posted tier points are from MAN-PHL-but sectors CLT-SAT-LAX-JFK-MAN all from last Friday to Wednesday this week not posted. Additionally, I was far from impressed with AA and generally the whole experience kinda sucked from the check in, TSA, ground staff and general attitude..while I did also experience old 767 service without flat bed back to MAN. Live and learn..🤔😏
I think the MAN-JFK flights are B767, but the MAN-PHL ones are A330. I thought the service and seat were fine. But after a lifetime in economy all business seems great to me. TSA is not controlled by any airline, and has a very negative image with the US media. If I had a criticism it would be small things, the check-in desks in Manchester are poorly signed, 'I heart Manchester' is not an obvious description for the AA Business check-in. Then on the return from MSP to PHL it was delayed, and I rushed what seemed like several miles (OK, maybe several hundred metres) through PHL to find the PHL-MAN was delayed, although the App and screens in the terminal had it on-time. They knew it was delayed as the aircraft was late to the gate, and then it was further delayed by a couple of hours waiting for connecting passengers delayed by some Phili area weather. Weather not really in control of the airline, and waiting seems reasonable given it was 40+ passengers according to the announcements.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
In support of AA (on the specific topic of this Thread), especially after reading upthread, this is our first time where TPs/Avios feom AA have taken more that a day or two to post. As noted, there was clearly some sort of glitch around the 11th (and perhaps some other dates) but our DUB-CLT-LAX on the 10th all posted quickly. Only the subsequent LAX-OGG on the 11th seems stuck in the pipework somewhere
kellytoronto likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 4:48 am

Are folks waiting until AA automatically post the relevant TP and avios or are you using the form on ba.com for 'claiming missing avios' for a partner airline?

I am tempted to wait another week to see if it comes through of its own accord!
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Personally, I'm waiting until we've flown home and seen what happens for those sectors. Starting Monday evening it's OGG-LAX-CLT-DUB-LHR/LGW-JER, so by the end of next week I'll have a clear idea if anything else needs to be claimed. But then I'm in no hurry to get the TPs ... just need them eventually
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
Personally, I'm waiting until we've flown home and seen what happens for those sectors. Starting Monday evening it's OGG-LAX-CLT-DUB-LHR/LGW-JER, so by the end of next week I'll have a clear idea if anything else needs to be claimed. But then I'm in no hurry to get the TPs ... just need them eventually
For your GGL status.^
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, BA GGL
Glad it's not me - I flew to Săo Paulo on the 8th of August and those tier posted on 36hrs later and the return on the 11th/12th hasn't posted. Raised a claim today!

Never had any issues with AA until this trip
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
I'm going to call BA tomorrow to see what to do about my 2 week extension. In addition to the flights from the 12th, I now have a 2nd set of AA flights on the 16th that haven't posted, so just past 72 hours. I need all 4 flights during the 2 week extension to re-qualify.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
I figured this would sort itself out within a week and therefore I was not going to file a claim. I'll wait until the end of this week and then file manual claims with BAEC.

My flights on Aug 9th posted on Aug 11th, like usual. My flights on the 12th and 17th have not yet posted. I'm somewhat relieved to know that I am not alone in this.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:37 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
It looks like my last 7 flights over the last 10 days haven't posted. I've put in Avios claims for the early ones. I hadn't had any problems over the last few weeks, so either I've been unlucky or something has gotten disconnected.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Still not received the missing 280 TPs and Avios. Not in any immediate need for them but will claim them via ba.com if they have not been credited by early September.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
AA creditable?

Im flying with AA this weekend but not booked direct - can I still credit the points to BAEC?

I cant see any options either on AA or BA websites - unless I do a claim on BAEC after the flights using the ticket number?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by patsharp
Im flying with AA this weekend but not booked direct - can I still credit the points to BAEC?

I cant see any options either on AA or BA websites - unless I do a claim on BAEC after the flights using the ticket number?
You should be able to add your BA frequent flyer number to the booking somehow or other. On both websites it's in the personal data area, and if it's an AA metal flight then it's AA that needs to be correct. It's easiest, on the AA website, to do this in the USA/English version rather than UK/Whatever. You can call up beforehand, or present your card at check-in. If you don't have a card then there is a digital one on the BA App. But yes, if all else fails, you can retroclaim, but it's best to avoid that if you can since it is the slowest way to credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.