Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BAEC Status - in what order would you rank them?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club

Bit of fun

Gold, Silver, Bronze, Blue, Gold for Life. GGL for Life, GGL, CCR, Premier.

Plus let's add Silver for Life To make it a top ten list of "My card is flashier than yours". Silver for Life does not really exist for novices reading this topic

My opinion:-

1. GGLfL
2. GfL
3. SfL
4. Premier
5. CCR
6. GGL
7. Gold
8. Silver
9. Bronze
10. Blue
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Are we accepting entries from Ms. Joan Collins?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Are you meaning in terms of value for the user or treatment you get from BA/others?

I think a lifetime status is actually better than any much higher status you get for just a year and is much harder to get for a reason. However, in terms of treatment, 'for life' people are treated no better than the one year equivalent and some of specifics such as CCR do not give us any better treatment (outside of the specific entitlement that it entails).

Lastly, Premier covers so many different situations. Some of them come from 'worth' (e.g. travel organisers for large companies) which will disappear the moment you don't have the same role any more, but others, conferred to some 'prestigious' people whom BA effectively wants to see use her planes are virtually a 'for life' status which is then higher in both worth and treatment than all others.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Are we accepting entries from Ms. Joan Collins?
With apologies to Groucho Marx ...... I'm not sure I'd want to join any club that accepts Joan Collins as a member (at least not where air travel is concerned )
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Are you meaning in terms of value for the user or treatment you get from BA/others?
Boastability.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
If there was a silver for life wouldn't it be easy to get? 20k lifetime points or so?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
Boastability.
Ah, then if we are talking about boastability on FT given average credentials of the median member, I'd guess something like :

1) Premier ("who ARE those lucky b***...?!")
2) GGLfL ("I think not even cws and Tobias-UK have it yet so it must really take a lot of flying")
3) GfL ("How many years left?!")
4) CCR ("so is it really special behind that door? is it not? I waaaant to know")
5) GGL ("how many cheap returns to TLL/HNL/BKK do I need to make to get that?")
6) G (---the median member--- "I'm not getting nearly what I deserve but, hey, that's still boastable")
7) Blue ("cute and irrelevant. the daily reminder that status is worth something after all, if only by contrast")
8) Bronze ("why are they taking the spot in front of me in the boarding queue?!")
9) Silver ("why are they taking my op up?!")

Last edited by orbitmic; Aug 17, 2017 at 9:51 am
Old Aug 17, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by LCY8737
If there was a silver for life wouldn't it be easy to get? 20k lifetime points or so?
I suspect what it would be is hugely commercially unwise.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
There used to be a Silver for Life a while back. The fact that it is no longer around might have to be factored into the value of GfL and GGLfL.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:22 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
GGLfl is probably lowest on my pecking order. Due to the nature that when it is earned, your life expectancy is probably pretty short after all that travel and eating the poorly nutritional balanced food ;-)
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by LCY8737
The equivalent of Silver for life is offered at Qantas. It's their "Lifetime Gold" which is Sapphire and 7,000 of their status credits (equivalent to Tier Points).

I reached 4,000 then emigrated. I would probably be over the threshold now if I didn't switch to Executive Club.

They're still there waiting for me in case I ever go back
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:32 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
The equivalent of Silver for life is offered at Qantas. It's their "Lifetime Gold" which is Sapphire and 7,000 of their status credits (equivalent to Tier Points).

I reached 4,000 then emigrated. I would probably be over the threshold now if I didn't switch to Executive Club.

They're still there waiting for me in case I ever go back
Lifetime Silver on QF is 7000 Status Credit and is OWR
Lifetime Gold is 14000 Status Credits and is OWS
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
Lifetime Silver on QF is 7000 Status Credit and is OWR
Lifetime Gold is 14000 Status Credits and is OWS
Thanks for the correction - clearly it's been a while! So there you go, they offer Lifetime Ruby.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:01 am

Some posters might argue that "Gold paid for from my own pocket" should have a separate level of importance
T8191 and jacobguo like this.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:12 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Really? I've never seen this advertised or promoted anywhere?

Originally Posted by srbrenna
There used to be a Silver for Life a while back. The fact that it is no longer around might have to be factored into the value of GfL and GGLfL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.