Nosiness at First Check-in

Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Newly Wed
P.S. Mr NW is also a CCR card holder.
Tangential, but I'm curious how common it is for both partners to have CCR cards (as opposed to one partner or another). The GGL ability to gift a partner Gold and two Silver cards is predicated on the assumption that one member of the household doesn't fly as much as the other - I guess?

Either way, for a family that is quite a considerable amount of flying in premium cabins.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by squawk
Tangential, but I'm curious how common it is for both partners to have CCR cards (as opposed to one partner or another). The GGL ability to gift a partner Gold and two Silver cards is predicated on the assumption that one member of the household doesn't fly as much as the other - I guess?

Either way, for a family that is quite a considerable amount of flying in premium cabins.
My wife is also a CCR Cardholder.
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I am surprised other family members are not as well
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I wonder what proportion of folk are in this situation - I'm guessing it can't be that high, or the "partner card" benefits wouldn't be so good. I don't think I have enough relatives to gift 4 x Silver and 2 x Gold cards
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion

Definitely too much for us I fear. Our more reasonable aim is to get my husband to lifetime Gold. After all one must be rational about those things: it is statistically likely that he will predecease me....
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: BAEC
I wonder what proportion of folk are in this situation - I'm guessing it can't be that high, or the "partner card" benefits wouldn't be so good. I don't think I have enough relatives to gift 4 x Silver and 2 x Gold cards
We are also both CCR cardholders. I don't get the impression it's that uncommon, although my better half does enjoy using her card to guest me in as mine is invariably hiding at the bottom of my bag somewhere.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:16 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Pilot37
The calm before the Bank holiday storm next weekend perhaps!

Pilot37
I am afraid I am travelling Friday - so am dreading how busy things will be.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've had a total of 2 upgrades, on the same day, since getting CCR. Think these night have have been more due to the fact it was my birthday that day rather than anything else. Few empty seats that day in CW.
One beep at the gate and the other through an update in the app earlier on.

Acknowledged once at the desks of Galleries South.

Been greeted once on a SIN-LHR flight. Standard greet at my seat so no idea if related to GGL/CCR or just going through the GCHs on board.

Did see a tablet the other day showing the names of who was in each of the first 9 rows with 3 gold card symbols next to my name and 2 others.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
We are also both CCR cardholders. I don't get the impression it's that uncommon, although my better half does enjoy using her card to guest me in as mine is invariably hiding at the bottom of my bag somewhere.
us too! I wonder why some times, tho flying is my nemesis - I just love it!
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
To be fair, I'm able to account for almost all the CCRs that post on FT very regularly, since I've generally met them at some point. There are only a few shy ones that I've not encountered yet.
over here!
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
I'm sure you could find plenty of persons here to "adopt"
(not all people here are Gold-anything)
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
I'm sure you could find plenty of persons here to "adopt"
(not all people here are Gold-anything)
Ha! I was speaking purely hypothetically, for alas I am a lowly Silver (and even that is thanks to the collective wisdom of this board). Naturally, having achieved Silver, my travel plans are now somewhat thin for the next 12 months. The best laid schemes o' mice an' men, gang aft agley…
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:22 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
I would have thought it would be very rare, but this thread is starting to prove me wrong! Makes me wonder how often a couple would get to see each other at home in a situation like this (assuming you don't work together or are travelling around the world on leisure trips the whole time...!)
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: BA GGL; Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
I would have thought it would be very rare, but this thread is starting to prove me wrong! Makes me wonder how often a couple would get to see each other at home in a situation like this (assuming you don't work together or are travelling around the world on leisure trips the whole time...!)
My wife is also a CCR holder. We're both retired and travel together for leisure extensively so have plenty of time to see each other!
squawk, m3red and Calchas like this.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:51 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
If there are any FT CCR cardholders around tomorrow morning, I'll be in the lounge with Mrsmsm2000uk & msm2000uk0.5

M

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.