Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guesting in family one at a time?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Guesting in family one at a time?

Hoping for some advice on getting into the T5 lounges.

Ive been Silver for about 6 years and use the Galleries lounges frequently.

I know BA enforces the 1 guest rule vigorously but later this week Im travelling with my wife and three grown up sons and passing through Heathrow with a three hour wait.

Is there anything to stop me guesting in a family member for 30-45 mins each in shifts one at a time so they can grab something to eat, relax etc for a short while.

Also none of them have ever been in a lounge and would probably just enjoy a short time to see what its like!

Thanks for the advice.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
It's one guest not multiple guests one at a time.
Glensea likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Yes, the computer will say no.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:05 pm

What day/time are you going through LHR?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Yes, the computer will say no.
Do we know that for a fact?

I just ask as we are constantly told on here by the 'experts' that BA IT is crap.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HIDDY

I just ask as we are constantly told on here by the 'experts' that BA IT is crap.
I've managed to guest in two different people before but an hour or so apart (met one friend, he caught his flight and then me up with another friend and guested her in)
Old Aug 12, 2017, 10:54 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

I know it for a fact (and once got into politely tepid water over the fact, and UncleT was part implied!). This is for LHR/LGW. For those out stations still using an abacus and a dopey check-in agent, you may get away with it. The "hour apart" post above does not make sense in a LHR context.

The OP could of course pay for lounge entry, either at Aspire or via an AUP/POUG.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K

Having witnessed a blatant attempt at GF last year, yes. The offender didn't even understand the first rule of hole.

Last edited by LondonElite; Aug 13, 2017 at 2:52 am
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:09 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I know it for a fact (and once got into politely tepid water over the fact, and UncleT was part implied!). This is for LHR/LGW. For those out stations still using an abacus and a dopey check-in agent, you may get away with it. The "hour apart" post above does not make sense in a LHR context.

The OP could of course pay for lounge entry, either at Aspire or via an AUP/POUG.
I think I went into the Galleries and then later into the Gold Flounge. It was a while ago now. The agent may have even have said something and I explained. Can't really remember now, I was emigrating at the time so its all a blur.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
There is a crucial piece of information missing here.

Is the OP proposing to add guests to the lounge total at a rate of one ph, or instead planning a "one out, one in" swap.

If the former then no chance, if the latter then it might be possible with a friendly dragon.

I did a similar guest swap a couple of years ago when I had a long connection at T5 and by coincidence had a friend and a colleague seperately passing through during the day.

Not something you should count on though...
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:32 am

Programs: BAEC
It's certainly possible to get three guests into T3 lounges so long as you only guest one person into each OW lounge...
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
It's certainly possible to get three guests into T3 lounges so long as you only guest one person into each OW lounge...
They are hardly your guests if you as the host are just dumping them in there and then heading off to another lounge
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:55 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
haha nice one! I never thought of that !
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Purchase three of the same outfits and make sure that your "guests" are of the same approximate height, weight, and hair color, and nobody will know the difference.
awayIgo and crazy8534 like this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

Indeed.

But those options involve parting with actual cash ; whereas the OP is of course much more interested in advice on devious tactics to avoid such inconvenience.

Tricking your way to a bit of free food : amazing how powerful an attraction that can be .........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.