Search

Why BA756 22June17 cancelled?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Why BA756 22June17 cancelled?

Why was BA756 22 June 17 cancelled?

Is there a site(s) to see why (actual cause and/or BA's comments) on why this flight LHR-EAP was cancelled?

I do not have Flightstats account, Flight Aware just shows cancelled- no reason.

Friends were told to arrange own local transport and hotel-then file a claim. I am trying to find out if EC261 applies. They were rebooked on next day flight.

Thanks for assistance-
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:06 pm

EU Claim shows

Unfortunately you are not entitled to compensation.
An analysis of the data for this flight shows that an extraordinary circumstance was the cause of the delay.

An extraordinary circumstance is a situation which the airline has no control over and cannot be held responsible for, for example, a strike by air traffic control staff, bad weather or a terrorist attack.

still none the wiser which it was :-)
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Thanks caz312.
The plane (and planned crew) was there but could not find anything else. At least I know to drop the issue.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:22 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Quitea few cancellations that day, possibly weather related?

http://thebasource.com/220617-britis...cancellations/
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:33 pm

Looks like it was thunderstorms...21st was hottest day then the storms hit
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
Quitea few cancellations that day, possibly weather related?

http://thebasource.com/220617-britis...cancellations/
Could be- but on weather cancellations would BA tell them no hotel rooms left and make your own and file a claim? I thought on weather issues- carrier not responsible for anything. If LHR weather issue wouldn't some cancellations be long haul? Now I am just curious.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by caz312
Looks like it was thunderstorms...21st was hottest day then the storms hit
So weather caused reduction of service on runways. Logical.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by zebranz
Could be- but on weather cancellations would BA tell them no hotel rooms left and make your own and file a claim? I thought on weather issues- carrier not responsible for anything. If LHR weather issue wouldn't some cancellations be long haul? Now I am just curious.
Under EU261 airlines must provide/reimburse hotel room irrespective of the cause of the delay. This is different to in the US where airlines generally only cover hotel when the delay is their fault.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:53 pm

II would expect with so many flights affected, there would be a large number of passengers needing accommodated and hotel availability would be scarce. - you may have waited hours in a queue before getting seen to end up in a hotel miles away, my preference would be to sort it myself and reclaim
Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:31 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zebranz
No. Duty of care still applies but compensation wouldn't be due. Also when LHR has refuced flow rates BA will typically try and maintain all long haul flights and preferentially cancel some short haul and domestic flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.