Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok Airways and BA - Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 4:50 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
The BA code share with Bangkok Airways from BKK is for domestic routes so you will gain access, along with all other Y passengers regardless of status, to the Boutique Lounge on A concourse Level 2. You will find hot and soft drinks, small snacks, wifi and computer terminals. Toilets are outside the lounge but nearby.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:11 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
I'm BA Silver.
Would I be able the access O/W lounges at KUL when flying on a Bangkok Airways flight with a Malaysia Airlines' flight number?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gallagher
I'm BA Silver.
Would I be able the access O/W lounges at KUL when flying on a Bangkok Airways flight with a Malaysia Airlines' flight number?
No. Your flight needs to be oneworld marketed and operated.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Any ideas what their business class is like?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:00 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
Business class is not available on every route. Seats better than CE, reclining, plenty of leg room for what are essentially regional routes. Wine, champagne but food more like WT. Premium economy seats at 31 inches is available on a couple of routes and is similar to CE set up with middle seat blocked. Both cabins are small.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:13 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Thank you
Old Sep 13, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Just an additional data point. Having had a long day I asked the receptionist at the basic lounge about upgrading to the business lounge and was advised it could be done for $30. The very helpful receptionist at BKK domestic business then advised me on arrival that if I had any of the standard lounge cards ( pp, dragon etc etc) then it was actually free.

I loaded 2 priority passes for the lounge onto my Revolut card, showed them to her and in we went.

As other have said the airline is a dream thus far. We've done 7 out of 8 sectors with them. From check-in to CC everyone has been amazing and highly efficient. They also knock out some pretty decent meals on the shortest of routes. We had chicken pad Thai on a 35 min hop and it was delicious.

Their lounges aren't gonna win any awards compared to what many of us are used to but they're a quiet space and have the basics sorted.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Just an additional data point. Having had a long day I asked the receptionist at the basic lounge about upgrading to the business lounge and was advised it could be done for $30. The very helpful receptionist at BKK domestic business then advised me on arrival that if I had any of the standard lounge cards ( pp, dragon etc etc) then it was actually free.

I loaded 2 priority passes for the lounge onto my Revolut card, showed them to her and in we went.

As other have said the airline is a dream thus far. We've done 7 out of 8 sectors with them. From check-in to CC everyone has been amazing and highly efficient. They also knock out some pretty decent meals on the shortest of routes. We had chicken pad Thai on a 35 min hop and it was delicious.

Their lounges aren't gonna win any awards compared to what many of us are used to but they're a quiet space and have the basics sorted.
I would agree with all the above. Being a regular on BKK-CEI and a member of their frequent flyer program it is refreshing to find a small airline so well run.
TWCLAM likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.