J Enhancements - LHR-JFK

Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Padmeister
Hi Jimmie,

the best way I can describe the 2019 CW Seat is take a look at QR's Q suite and imagine a BA Club World Spin on it
Thanks for tip. Well I've looked and there were some nice touches but what stood out were reduced seat pitch and foot holes/coffins , hopefully BA can improve on that.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Aug 11, 2017 at 9:28 am
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: Some
Hi Jimmie,

the best way I can describe the 2019 CW Seat is take a look at QR's Q suite and imagine a BA Club World Spin on it
So it's going to be better than the seat currently offered on the majority of the F fleet, then...
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
So it's going to be better than the seat currently offered on the majority of the F fleet, then...
don't expect the sliding doors of QR's Q suite but it will be very nice indeed; and will most certainly keep the people quiet about the current Club World seat and the "things" that people moan about, climbing over people, storage space etc.

Then F will eventually get an "enhanced" version of the seat/suite currently found in 787-9 aircraft and an even better bedding and food/drinks experience.

most people Enjoy F on the 787-9 and A380 so it should be very nice.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: BA
I can confirm that the design that I shared a while ago was killed off at the eleventh hour.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: Some
don't expect the sliding doors of QR's Q suite but it will be very nice indeed; and will most certainly keep the people quiet about the current Club World seat and the "things" that people moan about, climbing over people, storage space etc.

Then F will eventually get an "enhanced" version of the seat/suite currently found in 787-9 aircraft and an even better bedding and food/drinks experience.

most people Enjoy F on the 787-9 and A380 so it should be very nice.
I have no material complaints about the 789 F seat design (other than how cheaply it's been screwed together, far too many broken lights / tables etc.), so sounds positive. The sooner the better.

The CW seat can't get too much like the Q-Suite though as I'd argue the gap between 789 F and the Q-Suite isn't massive.
Padmeister likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:42 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
and will most certainly keep the people quiet about the current Club World seat and the "things" that people moan about...
I very much doubt that
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
I very much doubt that

oh yes of course! this is FT and there is always something to moan about
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by hemschmall
I can confirm that the design that I shared a while ago was killed off at the eleventh hour.
In my opinion that's a shame really.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I have no material complaints about the 789 F seat design (other than how cheaply it's been screwed together, far too many broken lights / tables etc.), so sounds positive. The sooner the better.

The CW seat can't get too much like the Q-Suite though as I'd argue the gap between 789 F and the Q-Suite isn't massive.
I totally agree with you ^

2019 CW needs to be a great product and it will be significantly better than current CW and then with the new product the current F offering is not going to be good enough hence the makeover

We wont see a completely NEW F product on BA I expect for a number of years at a guess 2023-2025 however it will be getting enhanced to be better and more spacious due to NEW CW being a much better product.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
In my opinion that's a shame really.
I agree, it was a good way of keeping high density and providing direct aisle access. If we end up with a seat like the Q Suite then something's gotta give with higher prices and lowers redemptions availability.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Hi Jimmie,

If the plan does not change again, that certainly sounds like a very laudable improvement that many of us would very much enjoy! ^
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: AA : BA
Originally Posted by Gomac
I agree, it was a good way of keeping high density and providing direct aisle access. If we end up with a seat like the Q Suite then something's gotta give with higher prices and lowers redemptions availability.
When flat beds were first being fitted in CW, there were very good prices on the routes which still had the old cradle seats.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The seat density is kept high with the use of foot coffins/holes and reduced seat pitch on other airlines .
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
The seat density is kept high with the use of foot coffins/holes and reduced seat pitch on other airlines .
Hard to keep yin yang if you have foot holes. I am intrigued to see the new seat.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:52 am

And that has always been the issue on FT. People want the very best product but still have access to good deals and redemption opportunities.

I think the new Club will put BA up with the very best again but it may come at a price. Let's hope a balance is found, but it's nice to see BA 'thinking big' again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.