S7 ticket sales - using Avios

Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
S7 ticket sales - using Avios

I posted this same question on the Russia based airlines forum a week ago and have only received one reply, which didn't really provide an answer.
So as my question has an Avios link I thought I would post it here.

I am looking to purchase an internal flight, Moscow to Sochi, using Avios (dependent on cash price of ticket). Does anyone know if Avios availability shows as soon as ticket sales start?

And does anyone know how far in advance S7 start selling tickets?

At present if I look to buy cash or Avios seats I can't seem to get anything beyond March 24th 2018.

I asked S7 and was informed tickets went on sale 6 months ahead of the date of the flight, but they are already selling for March, which is 8 months away!
Their calendar doesn't appear to roll. Its been stuck at March 24th for a couple of weeks now.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
March 24th is the final day of the W16 airline "season", so S7 seem to have loaded flights until the end of Winter and no further at this stage. I cannot answer why that is or when they will add flights for the S18 season, just explaining why that date is significant.

Last edited by Airprox; Jul 21, 2017 at 3:36 am Reason: Correct year
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Airprox
March 24th is the final day of the W16 airline "season", so S7 seem to have loaded flights until the end of Winter and no further at this stage. I cannot answer why that is or when they will add flights for the S17 season, just explaining why that date is significant.
Thanks for that.
Does anyone have any idea when S7 will release the summer 18 schedule?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As I remember there was so much fraud with S7 redemptions that BAEC only does it over the phone.

S7 BAEC redemptions no longer available online.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calchas
As I remember there was so much fraud with S7 redemptions that BAEC only does it over the phone.

S7 BAEC redemptions no longer available online.
mmm... avios availability is showing on BA website prior to 24th March, but I haven't tried completing a booking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.