Wiki Posts
Search

Long Haul catering from Gatwick

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Ambassador
Long Haul catering from Gatwick

I'm heading out of Gatwick on Saturday to SKB via ANU, travelling with the family and in economy this time. I've ordered a gluten free meal for my wife, but does anyone know what the catering will be that weekend?

Our son is 5 but likes his food so have left as a normal meal. When I flew out of Heathrow earlier this month the braised beef cheek was lovely. Just wondering what to expect out of Gatwick. Also, if anyone knows what the GF option is likely to be that would be great.

Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
LGW Caribbean meals [in CW] are just as tedious as any other route. I defer to others on what happens in Y.

Enjoy the destination, if not the longgggg journey!
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, usually in J or W but a very long time since I've done anything over an hour in Y. It may work better for us though as the three of us can sit together in a bank of 3 which may help the 10 hours 10 minutes pass with a 5 year old!. Just need to remember not to expect the usual options.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Don't forget the second meal option may be very poor; bring snacks.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
LGW - CUN

Just flew out in Y. The meals we had were:

First meal : Chicken curry with rice or pasta. Red coleslaw, bread roll and Lily O'Brien Key Lime pie pot
Second "meal". : Afternoon tea - not sure if there was a choice of sandwich but mine was 2 quarters of a chicken Caesar sandwich and a scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam ( sorry but I'm a raspberry kind of guy) with a choice of tea / coffee or juice from the drinks trolley

The flight was roughly nine hours. Not sure if catering is the same on all routes outbound over 8 and a half hours but I hope this helps a bit

Last edited by Kip64; Jul 20, 2017 at 3:30 pm Reason: Typos - fat fingers vs iPad
Old Jul 20, 2017, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Perfect, thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.