AA [award] space on BA website

Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:02 am
Original Poster

AA [award] space on BA website

Short flights within the US are to me one of the best ways to use Avios. American often release space close to departure so I check often to see when these are available. Yesterday I saw a lot of space but today (I'm looking ar LGA to STL next week), I could not see ANY american awards on the BA website. They are available on the AA and Qantas sites, however. Is anyone else having the same problem? or has this happened before and gets fixed in a few days/hours? Would calling BA to book my award help?

Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I can't get anything for any date or destination I've tried since first thing this morning.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xenole
I can't get anything for any date or destination I've tried since first thing this morning.
Any airline? or just AA?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Frustrating. This has been out all day - and just as they launch a 40% Amex bonus promo for Avios point conversion. The BA telephone agent I spoke to also could not see any AA award space, for any dates/any routes, despite the AA calendar showing plenty of SAAver awards. I tried multiple routes, all with definite AA award availability at the necessary SAAver level, but BA website draws a blank for it all. I noticed the blogs have also all reported on this. Frustrating, nonetheless - especially for those of us who have been left hanging after converting points to book a particular award flight.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by OneWorldSapphire
Frustrating. This has been out all day - and just as they launch a 40% Amex bonus promo for Avios point conversion. The BA telephone agent I spoke to also could not see any AA award space, for any dates/any routes, despite the AA calendar showing plenty of SAAver awards. I tried multiple routes, all with definite AA award availability at the necessary SAAver level, but BA website draws a blank for it all. I noticed the blogs have also all reported on this. Frustrating, nonetheless - especially for those of us who have been left hanging after converting points to book a particular award flight.
Any better luck via the Iberia Plus award-booking engine?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
Any better luck via the Iberia Plus award-booking engine?
same issue. Neither BA nor Iberia are displaying any of the available AA award space.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by camilosanin
Any airline? or just AA?
AA. Same this this morning. Zero flights found.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Hopefully gets fixed soon.... tried over the phone too and they can't see anything... fortunately I didn't transfer that many points to BA ...
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:52 pm

The Twitter account attempted to tell me that there's no IT issue, simply not a single AA seat. A BA phone agent has said the same. So frustratingly incorrect. It's hard to hope for a resolution if they won't even take it seriously and admit there's some sort of system glitch they need to investigate. I fear they haven't even taken a glance at it.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Originally Posted by OneWorldSapphire
The Twitter account attempted to tell me that there's no IT issue, simply not a single AA seat. A BA phone agent has said the same. So frustratingly incorrect. It's hard to hope for a resolution if they won't even take it seriously and admit there's some sort of system glitch they need to investigate. I fear they haven't even taken a glance at it.
This. Twitter and two phone reps refused to acknowledge the issue. Finally, got someone on the phone this afternoon who said it's a "known issue," but there is no ETA for when it will be fixed. Convenient, right? He advised me to call back tomorrow morning for an update.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by orca1114
This. Twitter and two phone reps refused to acknowledge the issue. Finally, got someone on the phone this afternoon who said it's a "known issue," but there is no ETA for when it will be fixed. Convenient, right? He advised me to call back tomorrow morning for an update.
Well, This is the first report of them saying its an issue.
I was going to book something with plenty availability Mon PM and Tue AM when I went to book there was ZERO availability, as reported.

Called in and was told that a big group might have made a booking "we never know" - He said it in a cute british accent and I think he really believed that, God Bless his soul...

PS: First Post
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:21 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Worthwhile noting that availability has been way down since AA limited its AwardSaver rewards. I've checked about 50 flights in the last month and haven't scored availability in either class on one.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Worthwhile noting that availability has been way down since AA limited its AwardSaver rewards. I've checked about 50 flights in the last month and haven't scored availability in either class on one.
It's pretty severe as well. On those very few occasions when I can find TATL premium availability to use AA miles the connecting domestic seats are invariably in coach.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
All the more reason why, when one does finally find availability, one wants to book it. So frustrating to find that AA space but then be let down by an IT issue on BA's end.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:51 pm

Wondering if I should put on my tin-foil-hat... Convenient timing for this now that so many of us have xfered Amex points with the bonus. Also interesting that so many bloggers (other then omaat) haven't blogged about this, guess it's bad for business...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.