CheckMyTrip is having a party

Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
CheckMyTrip is having a party

Hi so as a few others have noticed I have been getting spammed with checkmytrip flight change alerts for LAS. JNB , GLA, INV flights so I am guessing from looking at other posts that BA are playing with the schedule

The odd thing is that the flight leaves 5 minutes later and the flight time is 5 minutes shorter in duration bizarre
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Hi so as a few others have noticed I have been getting spammed with checkmytrip flight change alerts for LAS. JNB , GLA, INV flights so I am guessing from looking at other posts that BA are playing with the schedule

The odd thing is that the flight leaves 5 minutes later and the flight time is 5 minutes shorter in duration bizarre
Yes, it's just the usual padding changes between summer and winter schedules.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Yes, it's just the usual padding changes between summer and winter schedules.
BHD to LHR takes anywhere between 1h10 and 1h45 depending on which version of the timetable over the years you believe. The flight time is remarkably consistent at 50-60 mins!
Old Jul 18, 2017, 5:01 am

Programs: BA Oneworld
My flight on December 28 from MAN-LHR has just been put back by 20 minutes. Check my Trip was right on the case with messages and alerts.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
What's the official tolerance to change a non flex ticket based on these little changes?! I've got away with a wholesale change before on 20 mins amendment !
Old Jul 18, 2017, 5:46 am

Programs: BA Oneworld
In December 2015 I had the most bizarre change to a flight from Rio to London. The posted time was 23.50 on the 10th of December. I received an email many weeks in advance to say the time had been changed to 00.10. No big deal, I thought; what's a mere 20 minutes later going to matter on a flight that lasts over 11 hours? When I looked again a few days later it finally dawned on me that the flight had brought forward 23 hours to 00.10 on the 10th of December, rather than moving forward to the 11th. The rigid logic of the automated system was adhering to the date of the flight rather than taking the common-sense approach of putting everyone into the next day, which was only a matter of 20 minutes.

I had to call and request a change for the next day (different date but only 20 minutes later than the original) as I did not have a hotel booked for the additional 23 hours that were being added to my agenda.

I still don't know to this day if any other PAX overlooked this and turned up for a flight that had left 23 hours earlier.

Last edited by BrianWBrazil; Jul 18, 2017 at 6:20 am
Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil
In December 2015 I had the most bizarre change to a flight from Rio to London. The posted time was 23.50 on the 10th of December. I received an email many weeks in advance to say the time had been changed to 00.10. No big deal, I thought; what's a mere 20 minutes later going to matter on a flight that lasts over 11 hours? When I looked again a few days later it finally dawned on me that the flight had brought forward 23 hours to 00.10 on the 10th of December, rather than moving forward to the 11th. The rigid logic of the automated system was adhering to the date of the flight rather than taking the common-sense approach of putting everyone into the next day, which was only a matter of 20 minutes.

I had to call and request a change for the next day (different date but only 20 minutes later than the original) as I did not have a hotel booked for the additional 23 hours that were being added to my agenda.

I still don't know to this day if any other PAX overlooked this and turned up for a flight that had left 23 hours earlier.
Identical situation recently with retiming of KUL flights - computer said 23h50 min changes rather than 20 min as 'same day'.

Odd that this is something not built into whatever technology rebooks flights?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil

Had exactly the same flight change in Feb 2016 with an Amex 2-4-1 redemption in F. It wasn't until a few days later I looked at MyFlights to update Google Calendar and realised what change had actually been made. Given the number of changes, I suspect there would have been a handful of people who arrived a day late.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:46 am

The amount of confusion those flights cause in normal circumstances is enough! No idea why BA don't follow the lead of the charters and schedule them at 23:55 with a longer flight time and just run them slightly late each time if needs be
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:04 am

I have to say today is the first time I have ever received an email/text/smoke signal from BA for a schedule change, so maybe they are improving in this area. Never received any notification for schedule change before. Will try to use this to get a small change on my booking to something more preferable.

Needless to say, MyFlightsApp notified me two days ago
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Gotta say, I am very happy with my Gold subscription to MyFlights. LHR - TLV swapped from a 787 to 777 and got the alert. Sad, no Dreamliner, but thought I would check F availability (it was an Avios 2-4-1 redemption in Club). Sure, enough there were two seats outbound and inbound, so on the phone to BA! EF gave me the alert about 6 hours later of the F availability.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.