Wiki Posts
Search

BA Gold Flying AA Y out of JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2017, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
BA Gold Flying AA Y out of JFK

Evening all, apologises if the answer to this is buried elsewhere.

I'm flying JFK - LHR tomorrow on AA in Y. As a BA GCH what kind of access can I benefit from in terms of priority check-in/lounges/etc at Terminal 8.

Many thanks for any advice out there - travelling through T7 14 or 15 times a year I'm very much out of my comfort zone tomorrow in T8!

SWLondonflyer
Old Jul 16, 2017, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
There is a Priority check-in but it's for all Rubys, Business and above, there's no longer an Emerald/FC segregation. You cannot use Flagship Check-In. If you're arriving by car/taxi/Uber try to be dropped off by the first door on the right side.

There is a Priority security line, easily seen as you walk down the line of desks towards security.

There is a Flagship Lounge you can use, you'll be directed to it when you check in at the lounge entrance. You cannot use Flagship Dining which is located within the lounge.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Smile

Thanks Fraser, so long as I can get a drink somewhere in a lounge everything else is bearable
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by SWLondonflyer
Thanks Fraser, so long as I can get a drink somewhere in a lounge everything else is bearable
Be prepared for a jam packed Flagship lounge. You might be better off checking out one of the T8 Admirals Clubs as they may be less crowded.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Fraser
You cannot use Flagship Check-In.
Why can't we use Flagship Check-In as non AA OWE it says we can on their website:

"You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on any flight operated by American (regardless of cabin).*

*American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum customers traveling solely on North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship® First Check-In access. North America is defined as the United States (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except MEX), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean."

https://www.aa.com/i18n/plan-travel/...t-check-in.jsp
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton D
OP is entitled to Flagship check-in and the Flagship lounge as a OWE according to the newest AA rules. However, the Flagship dining facility is only reserved for AA transcontinental and first passengers.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Well, that must be a very recent and welcome change! I had no idea!

It used to be reserved for premium transcontinental First, international First and AA Concierge Keys.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:30 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by Fraser
Well, that must be a very recent and welcome change! I had no idea!

It used to be reserved for premium transcontinental First, international First and AA Concierge Keys.
Maybe some of the usual differentiation between AA EXP status and OWE but I've used the Flagship check in at T3 at LHR several times over the last few years (as BA Gold or GGL) so access for OWE isn't new...
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:26 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by apollo00
Maybe some of the usual differentiation between AA EXP status and OWE but I've used the Flagship check in at T3 at LHR several times over the last few years (as BA Gold or GGL) so access for OWE isn't new...
LHR always had different rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.