Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

OTA booking partly flown, who's in control now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond

I've got an open-jaw economy LHR-VIE/GIB-LHR booking that was made through an OTA. The first flight was flown months ago, is BA in control of the booking now, or do I need to contact the agent? MMB tells me to contact the agent.

I'm considering cancelling the booking and using up some of my Avios for CE instead. That's if the industrial action doesn't change matters!
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
If you want to change the booking and exchange the existing tkt, either the OTA or BA can do that.

If you want a refund of whatever's left (if anything), call the OTA.

If you're throwing away the return, then either the OTA or BA can canx it.

Have you considered (is it possible) to merely upgrade the return using Avios?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JAXBA
Have you considered (is it possible) to merely upgrade the return using Avios?
I don't think it's possible. It's O fare and the agent is in another country.

It will probably be a throw away (I only paid 70 EUR!).

Thanks for the reply ^
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:36 pm

Have you checked no POUG offer in MMB?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Have you checked no POUG offer in MMB?
I did have a look, yes. I suspect there will be no offers as it'll be smack-bang in the middle of the strike. I'll give it a few more days and see if something materialises. Or should I just buy some sarnies at the terminal!?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by headingwest
I did have a look, yes. I suspect there will be no offers as it'll be smack-bang in the middle of the strike. I'll give it a few more days and see if something materialises. Or should I just buy some sarnies at the terminal!?
Sure, plus there are snacks in the lounge, which you can wash down with a G&T on the lovely terrace.

I really wouldn't bother wasting 15k avios on a CE seat when you already have one in ET.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Sure, plus there are snacks in the lounge, which you can wash down with a G&T on the lovely terrace.

I really wouldn't bother wasting 15k avios on a CE seat when you already have one in ET.
You know what, Ldnn1? When I have these nonsensical thoughts, it's a good job that there are people like you to talk some sense into me! Sarnies it is!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.