225 to first time gold

Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

225 to first time gold

HI everyone. I'm 225 points away from getting to gold for the first time, but my collection year ends 8th July.
In the next couple of weeks i will fly to Brussels, Gothenberg and Munich, (all from London) but all economy, and last one after my deadline so I will have to ask for an extension.
Suspect that gets me 120 points, so i'd basically need to upgrade each flight to business, which looks like a total of Ł1200 roughly. That's a bit punchy.
Any clever suggestions, as i will struggle to do any mileage runs due to family commitments.
I might be able to get in one run week commencing 17th, which should still be covered if they give a 2 week extension
Many thanks for thoughts
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Ask for the Airport upgrade offers at checkin. They will be significantly cheaper and get you the tier points for biz. Here's a thread that talks all about it: AUP Tracking Thread They may not be available for every flight, so you will need a backup plan.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
As an alternative, depending on your diary, you could add in a TLL, you can stilly et one in before your current expiry for Ł582. Just an option if you can't get the AUPs which might not be possible if CE is full.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
before you start spending money on upgrades and TP runs have you done an analysis of what benefits being gold will actually bring you - those that you will be able to use - over and above your current silver status versus the cost in getting gold?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie
Ask for the Airport upgrade offers at checkin. They will be significantly cheaper and get you the tier points for biz. Here's a thread that talks all about it: AUP Tracking Thread They may not be available for every flight, so you will need a backup plan.
thanks - not tried this before so that looks like a good place to start
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by navylad
As an alternative, depending on your diary, you could add in a TLL, you can stilly et one in before your current expiry for Ł582. Just an option if you can't get the AUPs which might not be possible if CE is full.
TLL being Tallinn? So perhaps a day trip on top of the planned economy flights? And apologies for ignorance - why Tallinn?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
before you start spending money on upgrades and TP runs have you done an analysis of what benefits being gold will actually bring you - those that you will be able to use - over and above your current silver status versus the cost in getting gold?
Honestly - no.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: BAEC / Hilton Honors / Accor
Originally Posted by charlie0166
TLL being Tallinn? So perhaps a day trip on top of the planned economy flights? And apologies for ignorance - why Tallinn?
Tallinn in business via Helsinki will earn you 200 tier points.

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
+1 for this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.