CE Sale fares to INV

Old Jun 23, 2017, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GCH
CE Sale fares to INV

Has anyone managed to bag an £80 rtn flight to INV from LHR? The £40 each way price is advertised on the sale pages, and is shown in the low fares finder.

However, when you go to the actual date £100+ is shown at the point of picking the flight, in spite of the fact £40 is listed in the calendar tab at the top. Wondered if it is just me?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 5:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This is a long term bug, it's been reported here before, ditto Isle of Man. The initial display is wrong, the correct prices show up when dates are selected.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonours Gold.
It's also caused me the exact same issue when looking at weekend day trips to Europe. I haven't got time to sit and scour every single weekend until I find one. Is there any way around it?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 5:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I think this precise bug only affects INV and IOM, but I guess you are more concerned about the headline saying X and for your weekend trip it is Y. The "awayday" fares are only available to a handful of locations (domestic, DUB, GVA, LIS, NCE, MAD come to mind). If there is a Saturday night rule involved you best cut and paste the inputs and use ITA Matrix. If it's an awayday then there's only a few to check anyway so best to check via BA.com since they aren't always going to show on ITA.

If starting from NCL, the answer is probably LUX!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:59 am

My search yesterday was a same day Saturday return LON to NCE. Firstly the low fare finder highlighted same day availability from £40ew. Once clicking through to the calendar view Saturday's were available at £44pp/ew. I clicked on both 8th July and 15th July specifically because of the availability and when it brings up the options to choose the specific flights the cost was in the hundreds (most not available). Despite this, the date tabs at the top of the page (where you can move forward or back 7 days) still showed £44 availability.

I'm on a mobile at the moment so can't replicate the search for you CWS, however it was a genuine identical issue that I almost posted on here about for advice.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by thepinkponce
My search yesterday was a same day Saturday return LON to NCE. Firstly the low fare finder highlighted same day availability from £40ew.
Was that for Club Europe? There INV and IOM gives fares which are impossible. Your case seems a different issue relating to G or O class fares and shifting dates (which is a different kettle of bouillabaisse). I can't see prices that low for LON to NCE for CE in that vicinity on Our Cheapest Fares.

On the other hand, if you go to NCE out on BA2622 on 4 July, returning same day on BA2625, that comes in at £83.50, which is close enough to the headlined rate of £42 each way. If you then move to another date you're moving off G or O class and so the price for each leg will potentially go up.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:07 am

Apologies - it was ET, not CE - I just meant that a similar bug (whilst on differing fare classes) was there on other routes.

Thanks for that. I'll give it some more research over the weekend.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by thepinkponce
Thanks for that. I'll give it some more research over the weekend.
If you get stuck, by all means give me some dates to check, I can get things checked out fairly quickly at my end. But if you are still doing your NCL hops, and TPs is part of the equation, then consider starting from NCL if you are staying a Saturday night and there is a through price from NCL (unfortunately that is not everywhere) since NCL/LBA/MAN now have some very good CE prices.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think this precise bug only affects INV and IOM, but I guess you are more concerned about the headline saying X and for your weekend trip it is Y. The "awayday" fares are only available to a handful of locations (domestic, DUB, GVA, LIS, NCE, MAD come to mind). If there is a Saturday night rule involved you best cut and paste the inputs and use ITA Matrix. If it's an awayday then there's only a few to check anyway so best to check via BA.com since they aren't always going to show on ITA.

If starting from NCL, the answer is probably LUX!
What do you mean by an away day?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss
What do you mean by an away day?
BA offers special fares at weekends for a day trip. They were well marketed as such 2 years ago, now you need to eek them out of the system, and they aren't necessarily bargains.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.