Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA to lease 9 Qatar A320s + crews during strike

BA to lease 9 Qatar A320s + crews during strike

Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:39 pm

I've noticed my flight on Monday is now being operated by Qatar airways, my booked exit seat has changed to 14F which I believe is the exit row on the ac. What service can I expect in eco, am I right in thinking its back to complimentary snacks & alcohol?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:41 pm

Programs: ECH Gold
Originally Posted by mfhpfl
I've noticed my flight on Monday is now being operated by Qatar airways, my booked exit seat has changed to 14F which I believe is the exit row on the ac. What service can I expect in eco, am I right in thinking its back to complimentary snacks & alcohol?
It will be complimentary if on a QR plane.
Interesting to see diplomatic relations amongst the Gulf states and Qatar improving, so those jets may be needed back sometime soon 😜
Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Raffles
Anyone actually seen of these aircraft yet?!
there is one on the banner on the Krakow airport facebook page . it is one of the BA subs as QR would not fly to KRK otherwise

https://www.facebook.com/KrakowAirport/
Old Jul 22, 2017, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Could be failure of the stand guidance system?

EDIT: actually maybe they would have just got a ground marshaller if that was the case
Sounds more like a nose wheel steering fault to me, okay to land and vacate the runway, even to taxi in, just not good enough to park on stand without the assistance of a tug.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 2:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by cuspidor
Interesting to see diplomatic relations amongst the Gulf states and Qatar improving
Do you have a source for this? The last development I heard a couple of days ago was UAE were denying it was their hacker who planted the dodgy stories.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: ECH Gold
Originally Posted by Agent69
Do you have a source for this? The last development I heard a couple of days ago was UAE were denying it was their hacker who planted the dodgy stories.
It was on sky news yesterday, still on Sky mobile news App.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: LuxExpress VIP
Originally Posted by Waterhorse
Sounds more like a nose wheel steering fault to me, okay to land and vacate the runway, even to taxi in, just not good enough to park on stand without the assistance of a tug.
It might have got stuck. I have seen that once in a lifetime, with a LH A320.
Still no idea what was the cause... might have been the wind or the stand being a bit uneven, but they needed a tow for the last few meters to the jet bridge.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 10:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
QR plane "hidden" on 512.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 23, 2017, 3:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by KARFA
QR plane "hidden" on 512.
Nice to see (from the pic) that they've got over their aversion to having loose-loaded aircraft on main stands... that'll make for interesting excuses next time they use JetTime and insist all their pax use buses...
Old Jul 23, 2017, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I thought the issue with JetTime was that none of the stands had markings for 737s, so they added them at 524/525 only?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:09 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Avis Preferred, Hilton Honors Silver
Flew LHR-PRG yesterday on a Qatar operated flight.

Crew seemed a little unsure with what they were doing, one spotted my bronze boarding pass and muttered something to himself about frequent flyer.

It was a nice surprise to get free food and drinks - albeit no tea available at 8am! The food was a hot margarita calzone, slightly odd for breakfast but very tasty and better than most free food offered pre-BOB.

Was sat in first row of economy, and business looked much better than typical Club Europe seats, with generous legroom and a deep recline.

No moving map, despite screens dotted throughout the cabin.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Flew LHR-GLA on Friday afternoon (BA1492) and there was nothing to indicate the flight was operated by Qatar until I saw it on the FIDS. Coached from Gate 4 all the way over to 572 (almost in T3!). Boarding went to final call pretty quickly after starting, probably due to the time needed to take a tour of the airfield.

I was in business, lovely comfy seat (love the foot rest that comes up!), friendly service. Nice G&T and a light snack of a chicken salad which was more like a potato salad with slices of breaded chicken.

Last edited by fluffymitten; Jul 24, 2017 at 4:33 am Reason: typo on flight no
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Saw one at the B-Gates yesterday. The departure boards mentioned flights to OSL, ZRH and ARN as being operated by Qatar Airways.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
My evening flight to ARN yesterday was operated by QR. MyFlights alerted me to the change about 26 hours before the flight so I was able to relocate my seat back to the emergency exit seat (on BA it's rows 11 and 12, QR 14 and 15).

Interestingly, I'd been looking at the upgrade price for the past week and the website kept telling me there were no J seats available at all, which was unusual. It made be wonder if they anticipated it being swapped to QR which meant a fixed number of J seats...
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by fluffymitten
I was in business, lovely comfy seat (love the foot rest that comes up!), friendly service. Nice G&T and a light snack of a chicken salad which was more like a potato salad with slices of breaded chicken.
Entirely out of curiosity, has anyone noted the brand being offered? Is it Tanqueray & Fever Tree?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.