Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When a window seat, isn't a window seat

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:08 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
When a window seat, isn't a window seat

I've paraphrased, but in essence, Brian May has decided he doesn't like BA F, because you can't see out the windows properly - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-BA-class.html

Now, putting aside the obvious sympathy that he deserves , does he have a fair point?

M
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:16 am

Yes he does. I feel the same way.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
He kind of does, but it is not really something new on BA...

He should try flying ANA instead, they have mostly blocked the windows
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have my first BA F trip in August... from looking at the many review videos on YouTube it looks like I may have to sit on the buddy seat to see out properly. I flew Virgin Upper last year... wasn't any better.

Are any airlines any better in this respect in F?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
I have my first BA F trip in August... from looking at the many review videos on YouTube it looks like I may have to sit on the buddy seat to see out properly. I flew Virgin Upper last year... wasn't any better.

Are any airlines any better in this respect in F?
JAL, Swiss, Lufthansa, Jet Airways, and Thai springs to mind. Basically Airlines that does not stagger their first seating.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:13 am

I used to love the old American armchair F seats that you could swivel round to face out the window. There was room to work while facing out and no disturbance from people walking round the cabin.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
I don't mean to be rude but for a guy, at 69 years old he is getting on a bit so a bit unfair to blame BA.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by icegirl
I don't mean to be rude but for a guy, at 69 years old he is getting on a bit so a bit unfair to blame BA.
What does his age have to do with blaming BA for arranging the seats so he can't see out of the windows?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:26 am

One of the strangest comments I have seen on FT in a long time.

What has his age got to do with the OP's question?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
I have my first BA F trip in August... from looking at the many review videos on YouTube it looks like I may have to sit on the buddy seat to see out properly ...
You do get a great view from the buddy seats, and there is plenty of room too on the B777/A380. I find the angle on the B747 better for looking out the window from the seat, but I have to say the view from the seat has never really bothered me.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Yes he does. I feel the same way.
+1
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

Now, putting aside the obvious sympathy that he deserves , does he have a fair point?

M
I'm more alarmed to learn that msm2000uk so readily admits to reading the Daily Mail.

On this forum such people are usually the subject of ridicule.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:07 am

Try sitting in 1F on G-MEDK. It's part of the BA A320 fleet operating out of Gatwick. It has no window. When BA state that you can 'enjoy a guaranteed window or aisle seat' in their CE cabin, you'd probably expect a window at the very least in a 'window' seat.

Palmer
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm 69 isnt old in any way. He could even be President and possibly a Prime Minister.

As for his comments many feel the same way, except well BA.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:23 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Palmer
Try sitting in 1F on G-MEDK. It's part of the BA A320 fleet operating out of Gatwick. It has no window. When BA state that you can 'enjoy a guaranteed window or aisle seat' in their CE cabin, you'd probably expect a window at the very least in a 'window' seat.

Palmer
When did you last fly on it? I could have sworn that I read that it had been fixed.

Fine - so you can see out the window on all these other airlines - and I know that on one of them (LH) everyone had to keep their window shades closed so that people could sleep and watch their brain candy. Indeed, I have read indignant threads here on just that topic.

You can't win.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.