Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Recline Etiquette

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Greenpen
I hate recliners on short haul. I push back at the seat or jam it. If they get to recline I kick it. Or stand up wrenching it here and there and here again. Or drap a paper over their heads so I can read it. Ryan Air got this right.
Riiiight....
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:46 am

I was once sat behind a delightful chap who kept his seat reclined throughout the meal service, and then had to lean forward to eat his meal because he couldn't reach his tray. I know I should have suggested that putting his seat upright would allow us both to eat more comfortably, but seriously how self-unaware can you be?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Honours Silver, Marriott, Hyatt, IHG
Originally Posted by popmagnet
I was once sat behind a delightful chap who kept his seat reclined throughout the meal service, and then had to lean forward to eat his meal because he couldn't reach his tray. I know I should have suggested that putting his seat upright would allow us both to eat more comfortably, but seriously how self-unaware can you be?
Classic! Take a photo next time - some "awareness assistance" may be appropriate!
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by Porky Speedpig
Classic! Take a photo next time - some "awareness assistance" may be appropriate!
Oh, I'd never go that far! I know we should all say something ourselves in such situations, but I do appreciate it when the cabin crew help aggressive recliners with their manners by asking them to put their seat upright when they give them their meal.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: Miles and More, IHG, ANA Mileage Club, Hilton Honors
Different airlines, with different positions on costumer service:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/28/b...=top-news&_r=0

->
'Rich bonus packages for top executives are now largely tied to short-term income targets and fatter profit margins instead of customer service. Of course, bolstering profits — and in turn, stock prices — has always been a big part of management’s responsibility to shareholders, but making it virtually the only criterion for executive pay is new.

Five years ago, American Airlines factored in on-time arrivals, lost baggage and consumer complaints to help calculate annual incentive payments for top management. Today, these bonuses are based exclusively on the company’s pretax income and cost savings.'

http://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/20...11ZZZZZZ001131

->
'Japan Airlines (JAL), a member of the oneworld® alliance, has once again been named “Best Economy Class Airline Seats” in the annual Skytrax World Airline Awards at the Paris Air Show today. This is the second time JAL has received the Best Economy Class Airline Seats honor. The airline also took this title in 2015, and received ‘Best Business Class Airline Seats” award in 2013.'

' “It’s a great honor to receive this prestigious award from Skytrax, and recognition by our customers worldwide,” said Yoshiharu Ueki, President of JAL. “We will continue to make every effort to enhance the quality of our services with the aim of becoming the most preferred airline by travelers around the world.” '
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
So it was. Seems the person in front presumably didn't realise.
The person in front did know about the baby, because she spent the entire time we were taxiing turned around in her seat staring at the baby.

The baby(lap child) had a on a helmet plus leg braces with a bar that kept his legs widely spaced, hence the baby needed more space than the average baby.

Last edited by Ms.O; Jun 22, 2017 at 1:07 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.