YouFirst / spa [rant]

Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
YouFirst / spa [rant]

Tried to book a spa treatment via YouFirst for a trip (in F) 28 days out - got a response saying there were no prebookable appointments available. I can't honestly believe they can't accommodate a First passenger 28 days out during a 3 hour transit, and if capacity is that tight they shouldn't be advertising spa treatments as part of the First package. Getting nowhere with YouFirst on this, so is there any other way of making a booking? From experience there's almost no point in trying to book on the day (again because of no capacity)... sigh...
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:20 am

Try again in a day or two. There are quite a few reports of people being told all appointments are taken at 28 days but then getting plenty of choice a few days later. I'm one who's found this.

I have a theory that the bookings don't always open up at T-28 so when they check and see nothing, they presume things are already booked, rather than not yet released.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:23 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
I had the same experience for a trip in December last year... chalked it down to season... but even the YouFirst crew thought it was weird, called and spoke to a spa supervisor, and called me back to confirm that nothing was available. On the other hand, did it for a trip two weeks ago, and was no problem... Try again in a few days
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Always worth a check on the day. I've managed to get 3 appointments out of my last 4 flights on the day.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
Another 'top tip' is to tell them you're willing to go to the B gates SPA as there are usually appointments over there. Long haul principally go from B and C so assuming you are long haul then its ok but obviously no CCR or Flounge so you'd then be stuck in galleries which isnt too bad.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Or can simply make the 5 min walk back to A gates via the walkway (not the train!)
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by jday
Always worth a check on the day. I've managed to get 3 appointments out of my last 4 flights on the day.
Originally Posted by GavT_london
Another 'top tip' is to tell them you're willing to go to the B gates SPA as there are usually appointments over there. Long haul principally go from B and C so assuming you are long haul then its ok but obviously no CCR or Flounge so you'd then be stuck in galleries which isnt too bad.
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
Or can simply make the 5 min walk back to A gates via the walkway (not the train!)
To underline all of these points: About 3 weeks ago I was in F from LHR. Without any clear idea of when I was going to be able to get to the airport on the day, I didn't pre-book a spa appointment. Having cleared security through the First Wing, I stopped at the spa desk en route to the CCR. They had an appointment in 15 minutes time at the B gates lounge. So I turned round immediately and went downstairst to the transit, had the appointment, and strolled back gently to the CCR for the rest of the wait. It worked perfectly (that day).
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Try again in a day or two. There are quite a few reports of people being told all appointments are taken at 28 days but then getting plenty of choice a few days later. I'm one who's found this.

I have a theory that the bookings don't always open up at T-28 so when they check and see nothing, they presume things are already booked, rather than not yet released.
This - in fact I have had the very same experience just a few days back.

YouFirst are worthless. "Computer says no".
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by paul4040
This - in fact I have had the very same experience just a few days back.

YouFirst are worthless. "Computer says no".
Sadly, I have to agree

The contrast with the excellent GGL team could not be starker !!

So guess which one BA is going to trash in its latest fit of self-harm ?

​​​
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
You First and the GGL team are the same though...
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by BA6501
You First and the GGL team are the same though...
Yes, it's just that if you're not a GGL they seem not to give a toss.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I tried it online for my flight to Las Vegas in three weeks and was also told no availability. I'm not too bothered - I will try on the day but am more looking forward to the Cathay Pacific lounge and 2 weeks holiday in Las Vegas/Phoenix/Sedona

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat.
Can anyone out there confirm that successfully obtaining (and then completing) the spa appointment is worth the hassle?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Purim
Can anyone out there confirm that successfully obtaining (and then completing) the spa appointment is worth the hassle?
Hi,

Well, I usually go for the facial and the massage chair. It is not bad ( it is free ) and lasts just less than 15 mins but I do not get that excited about it if I cannot get one

You can probably get a better treatment elsewhere ( paying for it) but I think because it is free and advertised that sets people up for disappointment if they cannot get a booking.

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I've rarely seen anything positive about the Spa posted on here. Maybe they'd be better to close it and divert the resources elsewhere?
Unless they're being paid good money by those who manage it of course.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.