Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Marriott 1000 avios sign up bonus has yours arrived on BA?

Marriott 1000 avios sign up bonus has yours arrived on BA?

Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:49 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
Same here.

According to the original HFP post: Marriott has now withdrawn this offer due to an overwhelming response.

It's not clear whether this means that no one will receive the avios or only those who registered at some later date.
It will be annoying if they renege on this. Surely they are obliged to give the bonus to those who signed up before the withdrawal?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver
Guessing nobody has any had any luck with getting these posted to their account as of yet ?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Safc0615
Guessing nobody has any had any luck with getting these posted to their account as of yet ?
Nothing here. Has anyone queried it with Marriott or established what their position is?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by fruitcage
Nothing here. Has anyone queried it with Marriott or established what their position is?
Dont think so, I was hoping Raffles might chance upon the thread and use his huge S&M following (that's stuff like Facebook right?) and media influence, to strike fear into the ranks of the Marriot middle managers.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I must have got bored with miles collecting or Flyertalk....I missed this opportunity.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Nothing here either ....
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Worcester
Dont think so, I was hoping Raffles might chance upon the thread and use his huge S&M following (that's stuff like Facebook right?) and media influence, to strike fear into the ranks of the Marriot middle managers.
This was a global promo covering numerous airlines, not just BA. Doubt there is anything I can bring to the party.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Ok. I just had a mildly frustrating, but ultimately mildly promising, conversation with the Marriott call centre.

The first person I spoje to was completely unaware that this promotion had ever existed and began to explain to me that Marriott and BA are in fact separate companies (really?).

I asked to be transferred to someone who knew about the promotion and was put through to a supervisor, who stated that there had been a delay with posting the Avios and they should be posted by the end of July. She seemed to be blaming BA for the delay.

Hopefully the information I have received is correct and not just a fob-off.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Are you holding your breath?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
Ok. I just had a mildly frustrating, but ultimately mildly promising, conversation with the Marriott call centre.

The first person I spoje to was completely unaware that this promotion had ever existed and began to explain to me that Marriott and BA are in fact separate companies (really?).

I asked to be transferred to someone who knew about the promotion and was put through to a supervisor, who stated that there had been a delay with posting the Avios and they should be posted by the end of July. She seemed to be blaming BA for the delay.

Hopefully the information I have received is correct and not just a fob-off.
We will see but there is some consistency with several people being told end of July....
Old Jul 21, 2017, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Are you holding your breath?
Err...no!
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:09 pm
AAM

I get

Transaction date Posted date Description Tier Points Avios
12-Jul-17 18-Jul-17 Hotels - Marriott Rewards Bonus Avios 0 1,000
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:02 pm
Suspended

So much for the end of pigging July.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:27 pm

i emailed Marriott and they said they should be in my baec account by the 31st of July. Just emailed them to say it hasn't happened. Breath hold not I won't
Old Aug 2, 2017, 2:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Slliw
i emailed Marriott and they said they should be in my baec account by the 31st of July. Just emailed them to say it hasn't happened. Breath hold not I won't
Well, at least I know now not to bother with Marriott if they are totally incapable of depositing a few poxy Avios.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.