FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Mugs in Club Europe (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1848788-mugs-club-europe.html)

LondSE1 Jun 18, 2017 10:41 am

Mugs in Club Europe

Sorry if this has already been posted but the white mugs in club Europe look like they could have been bought on the cheap in a particular Scandinavian shop. Definitely a down grade from the Royal Doulton cups previously.

Worcester Jun 18, 2017 10:45 am

Oh you are discussing actual mugs. Will put back the popcorn.

headingwest Jun 18, 2017 10:46 am

Originally Posted by LondSE1 (Post 28457382)
Sorry if this has already been posted but the white mugs in club Europe look like they could have been bought on the cheap in a particular Scandinavian shop. Definitely a down grade from the Royal Doulton cups previously.

I think they had to replace the old mugs because they now use much smaller trays and they wouldn't be able to fit everything on otherwise. That's my theory anyway!

I agree, the old ones were much nicer.

mjh0 Jun 18, 2017 10:48 am

In terms of getting the job done the new mugs are much better.

They don't readily slop the drink all over your table at the slightest hint of chop.

They don't have an absurdly huge surface area which helps your drink go cold before you can finish it.

In terms of label caché, yeah, they haven't got that.

Deltus Jun 18, 2017 10:50 am

Why can't they use the physical design that they have now (which I agree is better), and put some nice branding/pictures on the outside? Cost of printing onto a mug is pennies, surely?

PUCCI GALORE Jun 18, 2017 11:56 am

Originally Posted by LondSE1 (Post 28457382)
Definitely a down grade from the Royal Doulton cups previously.

Really? I prefer them as the beverage stays hotter longer than those squat tea cups.

UKtravelbear Jun 18, 2017 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Deltus (Post 28457408)
Why can't they use the physical design that they have now (which I agree is better), and put some nice branding/pictures on the outside? Cost of printing onto a mug is pennies, surely?

how many mugs does BA have? It soon mounts up and a penny here and a penny there soon mounts up and pays Alex's bonus !

Finavia Jun 18, 2017 12:15 pm

Well if you want premium Scandinavian mugs, fly Finnair, you drink out of Ittala mugs on their flights. I'm rather more concerned about the quality of what's offered inside the mugs in CE! Worst coffee ever!!

scottishpoet Jun 18, 2017 12:25 pm

I much prefer the new mug

Can I help you Jun 18, 2017 12:37 pm

The new mugs are now used to standardise with the CW china.

PUCCI GALORE Jun 18, 2017 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 28457723)
The new mugs are now used to standardise with the CW china.

Talking of mugs, I quite miss yours.

Run and get me a G&T, there's a pet. Well walk anyway

Can I help you Jun 18, 2017 1:22 pm

What with your demands in the bedroom I'm getting a trifle tired.

Padmeister Jun 18, 2017 1:24 pm

Only on the BA board could there be a discussion regarding the size and quality of mugs on board 😂

Ldnn1 Jun 18, 2017 2:04 pm

Mugs in Club Europe
Are you referring to the people that actually paid a hefty premium to fly in CE? ;)

HIDDY Jun 18, 2017 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 28457873)
What with your demands in the bedroom I'm getting a trifle tired.

To be fair, eating trifle is about as exciting as it gets for her in the bedroom these days.