Mugs in Club Europe

Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:09 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by V10

I'm with you there, gin is certainly my preferred tipple in these warm days. As for trifling with your affections, I would not dream of it. I fear that any attempt to do so would incur a sternly-wielded hairbrush having failed to rise to the occasion like one of my souffls.
Right - you provide the gin and I'll teach you how to souffl. Then we can eat them with all those teaspoons that I've nicked from off Tristar1999's tray when he wasn't looking!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by TRISTAR1979
Not on my last 6 domestic flights. The Napkin contained 2 Knife's, 1 Fork, 1 Desert Spoon and the usual salt and pepper, but no tea spoon. No doubt the e-mail is on it's way:

"Our customers on UK Domestic routes have told us that they prefer to stir their tea with the shaft of their fork" in the interests of decency I wont go any further with this one.
There's a pile of them.in the drawer that the mugs are stored in. The crew should be giving you a spoon with your drink.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:23 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Right - you provide the gin and I'll teach you how to souffl. Then we can eat them with all those teaspoons that I've nicked from off Tristar1999's tray when he wasn't looking!
Deal and I promise not to provide Gordon's or Bombay Sapphire

Better not leave it too long or the spoons will have been enhanced to those horrid plastic stirrers that are served at the local greasy spoon or motorway service stations.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Nothing wrong with a mug than a cup for a hot drink. They can usually hold more, keep the drink warmer for longer and much stronger so less prone to breakages. The only thing I don't like about the CE mugs as they have a print of the London skyline across them which makes them look cheap.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by icegirl
Nothing wrong with a mug than a cup for a hot drink. They can usually hold more, keep the drink warmer for longer and much stronger so less prone to breakages. The only thing I don't like about the CE mugs as they have a print of the London skyline across them which makes them look cheap.
The new CE mugs are plain. The old CE cups had various scenes from across the UK shown on them not just London skyline.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by KARFA
The new CE mugs are plain. The old CE cups had various scenes from across the UK shown on them not just London skyline.
Thank god! Regardless of the scene it still looked tacky!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by LondSE1
Sorry if this has already been posted but the white mugs in club Europe look like they could have been bought on the cheap in a particular Scandinavian shop. Definitely a down grade from the Royal Doulton cups previously.
Well, Royal Doulton is Scandinavian now (or Nordic to be precise). The company was bought by Fiskars (you know the scissors with orange handles).
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:15 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Are you referring to the people that actually paid a hefty premium to fly in CE?
Understand less than 20% of the occupants in CE actually Pay for Their own seat. The Bulk are Corporate, Awards or Upgraded Awards.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Finavia
Well if you want premium Scandinavian mugs, fly Finnair, you drink out of Ittala mugs on their flights. I'm rather more concerned about the quality of what's offered inside the mugs in CE! Worst coffee ever!!
You drink coffee on BA? What are you, some sort of revolutionary who dumped tea off a ship in Boston Harbor? I'm horrified, just horrified . . .

And for the record, I was one of those kids who "Dumped the tea," at the Boston Tea Party Ship and Museum. Possibly more than once. Maybe not a good forum to talk about this . . .
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by UncleDude
Understand less than 20% of the occupants in CE actually Pay for Their own seat. The Bulk are Corporate, Awards or Upgraded Awards.
Where do you get your data to make this assertion?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:05 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by icegirl
Thank god! Regardless of the scene it still looked tacky!
No Dearest - they were many things but they were never tacky - and being tacky didn't stop people squirreling them away. I just thought that they let everything get cold.

Uncle Dude -
Where on earth did you get that from? - this is not AA flying to Hawaii.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
across the UK? Liverpool, bournemouth and one with a sky-line somewhere... not so much UK but England no?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
The old CE cups had various scenes from across the UK shown on them not just London skyline.
I liked the scenes, felt very "British". As mentioned, not so wild about the shape from a physics point of view, but I liked the graphics.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
To be fair, eating trifle is about as exciting as it gets for her in the bedroom these days.
That's not what I heard
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:05 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by navylad
across the UK? Liverpool, bournemouth and one with a sky-line somewhere... not so much UK but England no?

Always one pedant isn't there

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.