Differentiated tier requirements?

Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, SK

Moderators: Apologies if someone has already responded to a similar request in a different thread; I searched, but couldn't find it, so if already answered, please feel free to direct me to the appropriate thread.

Some years ago, the required tier points to move from one level to another used to be different depending on where the member was a resident. Me, as a resident of a Scandinavian country, used to require as little as half the tier points as someone based in the UK or US, if I am not mistaken.

Is this still applicable? I've been "out of the game" for a few years now, and can't seem to find the answer anywhere, so I'm trying here.

I'm currently based in two countries (US and Norway) and am looking into if it makes a difference where I register as my resident country.

Thanks in advance. ^
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
This ended in 2011 I believe. Same for everyone now.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
This ended in 2011 I believe. Same for everyone now.
Many thanks for the quick reply, @BA6501 (though I must admit I was hoping for another answer...)
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Yes, we are all in the same boat now. No special treatment for European residents.

This was one of the triggers for BREXIT
Old Jun 12, 2017, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by T8191
Yes, we are all in the same boat now. No special treatment for European residents.

This was one of the triggers for BREXIT
Thanks. So, now that you'll have your Brexit, can we have our preferential treatment back, please?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by fly12345
Thanks. So, now that you'll have your Brexit, can we have our preferential treatment back, please?
Of course. Please contact our Customer Service representatives at EU_airways.com

It's a bloody great mess, isn't it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.