Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Noppasit
CONCLUSION

From a recent trip with Iberia arriving to terminal 5, I recall:

- There is a BA ground agent manned the T5 fast track.
- On her desk there is no voucher at all.
- The mobile Iberia Business Class boarding pass is accepted.
- IB do not hand fast track voucher to any customers as they don't have one.
- As someone said, the fast track queue is slower than the normal one, it is up to your discretion whether you use it or not.

I would leave this on a wiki in case there is someone seeking for this particular information in the future.
Print Wikipost

BA ARRIVAL fast track vouchers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Who can use Fast Track

Non EU passport holders. Theoretically as EU holder you will normally be quicker staying in the EU lines than using Fast Track. That said our experience in the early morning rush hour at T3 and sometimes at T5 - my Filipino wife gets through significantly quicker than me as U.K. Passport holder!

Who qualifies

Unless things have changed Silver and above in any cabin.

Theoretically a status EU passport holder can pass a voucher to another passenger on the same PNR. In practice my experience with BA and CX is if you ask politely and have been good you will get a voucher even if not on the same PNR even if travelling in Y.

Are they worthwhile for non EU passport holders

IME massively

Are there workarounds.

Interline through Heathrow to another U.K. Airport. The queues IME have been tiny through flight transfer to clear U.K. Immigration at those entry points in the early morning peak.

Note there is no inbound Fast Track at MAN - not sure of other regionals. At MAN if the early morning flights from Emirates and CX come in adjacently non EU nationals need to run fast. LOL
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Modo

Are there workarounds.

Interline through Heathrow to another U.K. Airport. The queues IME have been tiny through flight transfer to clear U.K. Immigration at those entry points.
Do you mean connect through LHR to another UK airport? You would still do immigration at LHR even if connecting onwards on a domestic flight.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by sts603
It is very definitely not necessary to have a voucher at T5. It is at T3. Furthermore, there isn't really a control on EU passport holders not using the lines. Border control doesn't care. Just don't have your passport out when you go through the checkpoint. That said, it's rarely going to be faster.
I concur - the line for non-fast track often looks quicker - on the occasions I have used fast-track, there has only been one kiosk open with the line line moving slowly. I did notice a DYKWIA moment when someone asked the person montiroing fast-track to ask for more Border Control staff as they had an important meeting in London! Of course, nothing happened!
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Precisely

Originally Posted by KARFA
Do you mean connect through LHR to another UK airport? You would still do immigration at LHR even if connecting onwards on a domestic flight.
But must be a through ticket to start with unless you can persuade them to join your booking. That is a separate subject - but whispering .. we have been 100% successful asking at check in using CX ex Asian airports with the final U.K. Flight originating ex HKG.

That said it is usually a J Avios redemption in to HKG then a Y revenue ticket to MAN via LHR.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Modo
But must be a through ticket to start with unless you can persuade them to join your booking. That is a separate subject - but whispering .. we have been 100% successful asking at check in using CX ex Asian airports with the final U.K. Flight originating ex HKG.

That said it is usually a J Avios redemption in to HKG then a Y revenue ticket to MAN via LHR.
I don't understand what you are going on about with connecting tickets? Are you now talking about checking luggage through?

Let me make this clear - whether you do or do not have checked bags, and whether the domestic flight was on the same ticket or a separate ticket - you would still do immigration at LHR if you arrive on an international flight and then depart on a domestic flight - there is no scenario when doing INT-DOM which would involve you not doing immigration at LHR and instead doing it at the DOM airport.

On arrival at the domestic airport you just walk out as a domestic arrival.

I realise you are mentioning regional airports in relation to direct international flights that land there (e.g. CX to MAN, EK to MAN/NCL etc.) however I don't see the relevance to this topic which relates to arriving at LHR.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Just about every time I've used fast track at T5 I look for someone with a distinctive piece of clothing who enters the regular line at the same time as me. 90% of the time they will get through faster than me, so I've started just going through the regular line.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BRK-B
My friend who was travelling from T5 on Saturday has kindly asked five different BA ground agents, they said the same thing which is if you have a valid boarding pass (F, J, GCH, SCH including Iberia) then you can use the immigration fast track (as long as they do not have EU/ECC/UK pass) AT T5 ONLY. At T3 as it is served by many airlines therefore it is not possible to show a boarding pass (so voucher is required at T3). I think this case is closed.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 2:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Iberia's twitter team have told me today, having gone away to ask the question internally, that their customers are not provided with a fast track voucher and they don't pay BAA for their non-EU passengers to use fast track immigration.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by navylad
Iberia's twitter team have told me today, having gone away to ask the question internally, that their customers are not provided with a fast track voucher and they don't pay BAA for their non-EU passengers to use fast track immigration.
Are you sure? BA ground agents told him that if a customer present a valid boarding pass (F, J, GCH, SCH including Iberia J) then the fast track access is granted.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
It could well be that Iberia do not provide a voucher, not pay BAA (or even HAL), but it could be that, just to save the hassle of putting a process in place, then anyone presenting a valid boarding pas as you described gets access.

In a similar vain, I know that the fast track machine that checks your boarding pass at many airport terminals with multiple carriers will accept ANY valid boarding pass as it would cost too much to code the machine for all the variety of acceptable boarding passes. The security staff assume that as the machine let you through you are ok. So lots of it is done on "trust".

So despite the rules, when cost is prohibitive, you can sometimes get the access. I can see its easier at T5 just to let everyone with J F and GCH SCH through. in percentage terms the number of people who should not get access but do will be very small.

Last edited by scottishpoet; Jun 12, 2017 at 6:12 am
Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
My last T3 arrival 21st May was 07:30 AA Business Class 777 MIA-LHR (continuation was BA T5 LHR-CAI 10hrs later)... luggage through checked MIA-LHR-CAI

No fasttrak cards given out , and with lengthy 10hours layover, I exited T3 via immigration fasttak showing my J Bpass , so I could to use AA T3 arrivals lounge

And before someone says something in rrply, yes fastrak immigration may be treated differently to fastrak transfer .....

However did late April J-class BA CAI-LHR (T5) / T3 BA(LHR-MIA), no fastrak cards given out on leg CAI-LHR, but after taking airside transfer bus T5-T3, in T3 i used fastrak transfer channel by showing my arrival BA J BPass & departing J-class BPass

In summary used both T3 transfer/immigration fastrak's during Apr17/May17 with Business Bpasses, despite expectation a fastrak-card from arriving airline is needed and I might be refused
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by Noppasit
Are you sure? BA ground agents told him that if a customer present a valid boarding pass (F, J, GCH, SCH including Iberia J) then the fast track access is granted.
This is exactly what I told you in the IB forum a few weeks ago... as you say though, case closed.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by BABroadie
Why is it that EU passport holders or BA Gold can't take a fast track?
BA pay for it. I got threatened with arrest once for having an argument about this
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Noppasit
At Heathrow T5, is it still required to present an arrival fast track voucher in order to use the fast track? Last time at T3 I tried using CE boarding pass but was refused.
Please see wiki for summary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.