Damaged bag on BA flight - advice please

Old May 30, 2017, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
Damaged bag on BA flight - advice please

Travelling to LCA yesterday we were reasonably pleased that we actually left Heathrow. it was however to find that our suitcase on arriving was damaged beyond repair, it looked as though someone had taken a knife to it. I reported it at the airport but now am unsure what to do. Persue a claim via BA(which could take some time given the recent events) or go via my insurance company?

Any advice appreciated? Thanks in advance
Old May 30, 2017, 12:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by danboy767
Travelling to LCA yesterday we were reasonably pleased that we actually left Heathrow. it was however to find that our suitcase on arriving was damaged beyond repair, it looked as though someone had taken a knife to it. I reported it at the airport but now am unsure what to do. Persue a claim via BA(which could take some time given the recent events) or go via my insurance company?

Any advice appreciated? Thanks in advance
If you filed a report for damaged bag at the airport and have the reference number you can go online to log it/call BA - they will pass the claim to K2 who are their handling partner for bag repairs. If you
I've in U.K. They will have a currier pick it up, assess, and will probably send you a new one (prepare to haggle with them).
Old Jun 6, 2017, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
If you filed a report for damaged bag at the airport and have the reference number you can go online to log it/call BA - they will pass the claim to K2 who are their handling partner for bag repairs. If you
I've in U.K. They will have a currier pick it up, assess, and will probably send you a new one (prepare to haggle with them).

Thanks BA have advised me they can handle via K2 or to go via my insurer. Anyone had experience of dealing with K2 and if the process is simple? Apart from the large rip across the back of the bag it is in very good condition and looking online a new one will set me back Ł200-300
Old Jun 6, 2017, 3:09 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
K2 are not great, I'd go by your insurer if you can. They've started getting cheap suitcases manufactured under the own brand name which are cheap, nasty and wouldn't last long.

Not relevant from the sounds of it to the OP but they rarely do the collect and repair option these days (it's cheaper just to send you a suitcase that probably cost less than the postage).

If you have no choice, I'd argue for the cost of the case rather than them sending a replacement.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.