Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weekend away ideas

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Copenhagen is awesome.
I loved Prague visually, but found the hospitality seriously lacking.
Palma is a lovely city and hopefully there's a Friday evening flight!
Old May 30, 2017, 3:31 am

Programs: Miles and More, IHG, ANA Mileage Club, Hilton Honors
What about exploring the spring in Stockholm, or Copenhagen?
Old May 30, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: Meh
Get a direct flight is my advice. And spend some time on the ground. The Dubai suggestion is insane for a weekend.
Old May 30, 2017, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I've done night flight Friday night flight Sunday to Dubai. Had a fantastic time - only one nights accom, both ways in WT+ both ways OpUp to Club World. Used exDUB and a few Avios, paid about Ł225 for the ticket!! Only completed as the 180TPs renewed Gold
Old May 30, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
If you have a little more than the weekend, and are willing to fly sth else than BA, I'd recommend Faroe Islands which are amazing and have a bi-weekly service from EDI.
Old May 30, 2017, 9:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by mec72
If you have a little more than the weekend, and are willing to fly sth else than BA, I'd recommend Faroe Islands which are amazing and have a bi-weekly service from EDI.
I'd vouch for that any time! ^
Old May 30, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold
I'm Edinburgh based too, and when I asked Mrs jock if she wanted to go away for the weekend..we had a similar problem.

BA is no use, as u have to connect through Fun-ville T5..thus any trip we do with BA gets us to our destination late..so in reality..direct from EDI is better but on a fri..there's not alot to choose from. Then all you have is a full day and maybe a half day before you fly home...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.