Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Should Alex Cruz step down or be replaced? [FT poll]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Should Alex Cruz (BA's Chief Executive and Chairman) step down or be replaced?
Yes
93.91%
No
6.09%
Voters: 936. You may not vote on this poll

Should Alex Cruz step down or be replaced? [FT poll]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2017, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Another "floating voter" here.

At the emotional, knee-jerk, level, it's obviously a GO, and GO NOW. But I don't really know enough to make that decision, especially with the dark shadow of Walsh overlaying everything. Would a Cruz replacement be allowed to reverse the trend, especially if it cost money?
Old May 29, 2017, 4:39 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by icegirl
Good point or how about a return of an old fav - Barbara Cassani?
That thought popped into my head too. Although her recent career trajectory suggests she wouldn't be interested in something on that scale.
Old May 29, 2017, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by T8191
Another "floating voter" here.

At the emotional, knee-jerk, level, it's obviously a GO, and GO NOW. But I don't really know enough to make that decision, especially with the dark shadow of Walsh overlaying everything. Would a Cruz replacement be allowed to reverse the trend, especially if it cost money?
And another. I'd rather wait and see the outcome of the investigation into this before deciding. That said, my finger is hovering on the YES button just for removing the flower in F!
Old May 29, 2017, 4:57 am

68 to go 0 to stay.says it all.Bye Alex.
Old May 29, 2017, 5:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
If he broke something, shouldn't he be made to fix it?
Old May 29, 2017, 5:09 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
This requires recognition that something is broken in the first place.
Old May 29, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Seen this on Facebook

Old May 29, 2017, 5:14 am

Programs: BA gold
I'm not a Cruz fan and I do think he is the wrong guy for BA - notwithstanding's Wee Willie's influence.

But he does need to clean up his mess first. Be terribly unfair to expect someone else to mop it up.
Old May 29, 2017, 5:20 am

Alex Cruz being torn apart by the BBC news in his absence.
Old May 29, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Mr Cruz will go only when Mr Walsh decides it is more damaging to Mr Walsh if he stays than if he goes. The already noted conspicuous absence of Mr Walsh in all this is quite interesting.

Regarding Mr Hogan, it's a bit naive to think he was solely responsible for all those poor investment decisions, given the connections between politics and business in such a state owned enterprise. However, as with Mr Cruz, he should have known what he was getting into, and what would happen if/when things went badly, so little sympathy there. Couldn't see him in the current IAG.
Old May 29, 2017, 5:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
True but he has been rather accident prone during his tenure at BA (diplomatically put) so how many more somethings should he be permitted to break?

Personally, I firmly believe his actions (or lack of) over the weekend have been deeply damaging to the company’s reputation and brand, staff morale and customer experience, irrespective of the cause of the actual outage. Under his stewardship a single incident has turned into complete chaos; a failure on so many levels.
Old May 29, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by Stez
I'm not a Cruz fan and I do think he is the wrong guy for BA - notwithstanding's Wee Willie's influence.

But he does need to clean up his mess first. Be terribly unfair to expect someone else to mop it up.
I agree in principle but, on the evidence of Saturday's performance, I'm not sure he'd know how to clean it up even if he were given the chance.
Old May 29, 2017, 5:45 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Seriously now, I cannot see how Alex Cruz can make things any worse at BA since he has taken charge. He should go. Both staff and passengers have lost confidence, so whether he can fix it or not is irrelevant, that ship has already sailed.
Old May 29, 2017, 5:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
My problem with Cruz is that he hasn't been able to communicate his message in a way which resonates with customers and staff. Even an organisation which is cutting back can do so in a way which still engages with its staff, especially if the company's future is looking secure.

That lack of communication and internal support seemed evident this weekend as Cruz was unable to engage with customers. I have no idea if the IT issue was caused by Cruz's cuts, but the chaos that ensued was badly managed in terms of communicating with the media and customers.
Old May 29, 2017, 5:48 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Why should the accountability just stop at Alex Cruz? It's not like the IAG management and board of directors had no say about him and his actions over time. The ship should sink or float together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.