FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NoTiersForMe
Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London SE1 7EH

6:30pm to late [hall open from 6]

Venue thanks to gav0106 and his team at St Thomas’ Hospital. For those of you who are new they are employed directly by the hospital and 100% of any profits we make from events and bar spend goes straight back to the Trust for projects involving patients and staff, so by supporting this event you will be giving back as well.

Hi All, sorry for delay in getting some more information, had a busy few days with Cancer Survivors Day and other big events.

For Friday:

Full bar available, we are suggesting - Wine/Beer/Cider/Fizz and Soft Drinks only as we set up the bars ad-hoc, unless anyone really wants spirits we can arrange this.
As always, we will have some great deals on wine and fizz ^

My wine supplier has kindly donated some wines for you all to sample and some tasting notes etc, including a well-known one world non-alcoholic fizz . Which we were the 1st to supply in UK for our oversea's visitors ^

A BBQ will be on hand, no set charge, other than we ask if you can donate Ł5 or as you feel to our in-house charity - Support GSTT. They do some amazing work, such as the Evelina Zip with London Fire Brigade which raised over Ł1.2 million for Evelina London Children's Hospital

The 2 hospitals we looks after - St Thomas' at Westminster and Guy's at London Bridge have both suffered in recent weeks with all the terrible events that went on. We look forward to hosting you, and to bring some normality back to the hospital and to celebrate and have fun.

Any questions, feel free to ask, and if you have any requests

Make sure you sign on on the night, as we have some gifts to give away.

Gav

Google maps

PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Attendees updated to post #191
[for people editing this wiki, please scan through entries after the post number above, amend details of attendees below -- clever folks will notice the alphabetical not chronological arrangement -- and update the last post number above. ^]
Confirmed - 47
20Rothmans, angloedades, atcer28, BotB, Calchas, chris1979, Chris_L, Etxebas + 1, GadgetGal, Howarsan, hsmall, james_yuen, JimboandtheJetset, johnaalex, johnny5a, keep_it_Riel, Lefly+1, Ldnn1, LondonAndy, londonbus, londonsmiler, lost_in_translation, mariagri, MarkedMan, megaloman, missdimeaner, MyFlights App, NavyLad, NoTiersForMe, pjh981, Pandra +1, Peasouper, Physci +1, Raffles + 1, rockflyertalk, robertf999, Schofs, Scottnothing, Sealink, Starship73, teledude, hsmall,
Maybe - 25
armouredant, BA Humbug, Barnaby100 +1, BigVince79, CaroFos +1, Forever_in_Seattle, FT-Diplomat, GodAtum, gustavmahler, haasha, Hodders, icegirl, lostinlondon, MrMutton, papyPiHi, Pumplekin, PWOZUK, Richmond_Surrey, RockyRobin, saint_em, snuffi, tjeuk, Ziz
Print Wikipost

The London DO 2017 - Friday 30th June

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2017, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by 20Rothmans
As I am < 90, I hope that someone will add me - thank you.
all ages welcome
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Barnaby100
We are in London as it is the globe midnight theatre that day
That sounds exciting :O I'm jealous.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: BA Exec Club - Silver | Aegean Miles & Bonus - Gold | IHG - Gold | Marriott - Silver
Please add me to the attending list. Was great to meet some of the Flyertalkers last year
Old Jun 24, 2017, 9:56 am

I'm now a hopeful possible as things stand. Will confirm by midweek.

Will there be any forms of solids available to accompany the liquids?

Looking forward to it. I've added my name to the Wiki.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
I'm now a hopeful possible as things stand. Will confirm by midweek.

Will there be any forms of solids available to accompany the liquids?

Looking forward to it. I've added my name to the Wiki.
Gavin is going to give us an update later but the intention was to have food / a BBQ again if he can work his usual magic.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:13 pm

Sadly I'm now a definite "no" as I've just booked a flight to GLA. Wiki amended.

Have fun all. And for those hesitating who could make it, go for it - you'll be made very welcome.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 2:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Definitely a no now, as my OH has to work after all.

Next time! Have fun all!
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Exciting update from Gavin coming later tonight.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 11:47 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Wiki updated see you all Friday
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by gav0106
Wiki updated see you all Friday
Hello Gavin. Looking forward to this year's Do on Friday.

Are credit cards accepted again?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Hello Gavin. Looking forward to this year's Do on Friday.

Are credit cards accepted again?
Yes sorry meant to add that. Afraid we don't handle Amex, their fees were too high for the hospital to handle
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Yes sorry meant to add that. Afraid we don't handle Amex, their fees were too high for the hospital to handle
But other cards as per previous years or cash only ?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by chris1979
But other cards as per previous years or cash only ?
Other cards are good yes ^
Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Other cards are good yes ^
Excellent will be bringing my Diners Club card

Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Is there a raffle/auction at this Do?

I can't make it but if there are any prizes I'd be interested in buying tickets given the excellent cause where the money raised before went to. Hat tip to the organisers of this Do including gav0106 ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.