FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NoTiersForMe
Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London SE1 7EH

6:30pm to late [hall open from 6]

Venue thanks to gav0106 and his team at St Thomas’ Hospital. For those of you who are new they are employed directly by the hospital and 100% of any profits we make from events and bar spend goes straight back to the Trust for projects involving patients and staff, so by supporting this event you will be giving back as well.

Hi All, sorry for delay in getting some more information, had a busy few days with Cancer Survivors Day and other big events.

For Friday:

Full bar available, we are suggesting - Wine/Beer/Cider/Fizz and Soft Drinks only as we set up the bars ad-hoc, unless anyone really wants spirits we can arrange this.
As always, we will have some great deals on wine and fizz ^

My wine supplier has kindly donated some wines for you all to sample and some tasting notes etc, including a well-known one world non-alcoholic fizz . Which we were the 1st to supply in UK for our oversea's visitors ^

A BBQ will be on hand, no set charge, other than we ask if you can donate Ł5 or as you feel to our in-house charity - Support GSTT. They do some amazing work, such as the Evelina Zip with London Fire Brigade which raised over Ł1.2 million for Evelina London Children's Hospital

The 2 hospitals we looks after - St Thomas' at Westminster and Guy's at London Bridge have both suffered in recent weeks with all the terrible events that went on. We look forward to hosting you, and to bring some normality back to the hospital and to celebrate and have fun.

Any questions, feel free to ask, and if you have any requests

Make sure you sign on on the night, as we have some gifts to give away.

Gav

Google maps

PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Attendees updated to post #191
[for people editing this wiki, please scan through entries after the post number above, amend details of attendees below -- clever folks will notice the alphabetical not chronological arrangement -- and update the last post number above. ^]
Confirmed - 47
20Rothmans, angloedades, atcer28, BotB, Calchas, chris1979, Chris_L, Etxebas + 1, GadgetGal, Howarsan, hsmall, james_yuen, JimboandtheJetset, johnaalex, johnny5a, keep_it_Riel, Lefly+1, Ldnn1, LondonAndy, londonbus, londonsmiler, lost_in_translation, mariagri, MarkedMan, megaloman, missdimeaner, MyFlights App, NavyLad, NoTiersForMe, pjh981, Pandra +1, Peasouper, Physci +1, Raffles + 1, rockflyertalk, robertf999, Schofs, Scottnothing, Sealink, Starship73, teledude, hsmall,
Maybe - 25
armouredant, BA Humbug, Barnaby100 +1, BigVince79, CaroFos +1, Forever_in_Seattle, FT-Diplomat, GodAtum, gustavmahler, haasha, Hodders, icegirl, lostinlondon, MrMutton, papyPiHi, Pumplekin, PWOZUK, Richmond_Surrey, RockyRobin, saint_em, snuffi, tjeuk, Ziz
Print Wikipost

The London DO 2017 - Friday 30th June

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 2:19 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
sorry I won't be able to make the do as we are in Dubai burning up the last of my avois.
John
Old May 24, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Silver (clawing back to Gold!), Honours Gold, IHG Platinum, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond
Could be fun. Nothing in the diary for that friday *yet*, so put me as a maybe. I'll do my best to keep it clear.
Old May 24, 2017, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Originally Posted by chris1979
thank you NoTiersForMe for putting stuff in the wiki.

depending on your skills, can you add a picture and make it look all pretty please? like KARFA does.
Haha. Given that my own profile pic looks like I've stretched T5C to a couple miles in width I'm not so sure of those skills...

Originally Posted by chris1979
Great. You have just been promoted to "in charge of wiki" (not least given KARFA can't make it). Congrats. And thank you.
Don't worry. I noted your feeble "I break Wikis" was a cry for help. My OCD leanings already rewarded by reaphabetising and updating post number in the last half hour
Old May 24, 2017, 4:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Maybe - depends if I can get cover for the kids. Friday is not a good for me. I am assuming this will be after 6pm?

An alternative suggestion - would anyone by up for a morning coffee, lunch or dare I say it a spot of afternoon tea?
Old May 24, 2017, 4:03 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Heading to BOS the next day from MAN. So, I can't make it this time. Booo.....
Old May 24, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: BA GGL
I am a maybe.
I am actually back off to Tallinn to have a proper look at the place the following morning (1020 flight like last time) so an evening with Teledude et al might severely impact that!
cheers
S
Old May 24, 2017, 4:47 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Friday nights are a no-no for me to be out, but happy to meet with people for a long lunch - and stay at the DO until around 7ish.

I'll update the WIKI when I'm off mobile.

M
Old May 24, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Any chance they can stock different Champagne? Prosecco would be better than what they had last year which was insanely sweet. But didn't ruin a great evening!
Old May 24, 2017, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Sealink
Any chance they can stock different Champagne? Prosecco would be better than what they had last year which was insanely sweet. But didn't ruin a great evening!
Gavin is off on a fun sounding trip today but he's working with the wine suppliers to see what magic they can do for us (or those of us who drink )
Old May 24, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I would like to participate, but I think I could arrive at LHR only at 19:35... and adding one hour minimum to reach the place, I fear would be too late.
Old May 24, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, HHonors
Count me in.
Old May 24, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Under 18's allowed? (Haven't hit the magic number, just yet)

If so, put me down as possible - usually going through London on Friday evenings
Old May 24, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: DL, BA Silver, VS, BA Amex PP
Please count me in.

Many thanks to the organisers.
Old May 24, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
I will be flying back into "London" from Iceland on an orange bus with 32 14-16 year olds in the afternoon before I take 80 to the seaside on the Sunday so it depends on how I am feeling! So I am a tentative maybe!
Old May 24, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver
I would love to attend! Please put myself and Mrs Exebas as possible, and will confirm in a couple of weeks when my calendar is confirmed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.