Same-day change on POUG from Plus fare?

Old May 23, 2017, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Yes
Same-day change on POUG from Plus fare?

Apologies for not finding anything on a search - I've got a couple of POUG offers on flights booked as a Euro Traveller Plus fare. If I take these up - will I still be able to use the same-day change, but now in Club Europe? Or does that "lock me in" to the flight that I had booked?

Thanks.
Old May 23, 2017, 5:41 am

Location: Almost exactly equally distant from LCY, LGW and LHR.
Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Every single time I've done it, it has locked me in. The information on the POUG page on the website warns you this "may" happen.

Important information
Please note that you may lose some of your current ticket benefits if you change to a different travel class or airport.
You may not be able to make any further time or date changes to your ticket
Old May 23, 2017, 6:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You can't do it online.

You can in theory do it by calling in and removing the POUG (and losing the fee along the way). It's possible the POUG can carry through to the new flight but you certainly count on it, there may be a fare difference on the POUG component, and you can't tell in advance. This changed a year or two back.

I have to say, it really is best to avoid adding a POUG unless you are 100% sure of taking the planned flight.
Old May 23, 2017, 6:14 am
Original Poster

I had a sneaking suspicion something like this may be the case, I'm glad I asked the experts as it wasn't very clear to me (the whole same-day change seems to be a bit underdocumented).
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I have to say, it really is best to avoid adding a POUG unless you are 100% sure of taking the planned flight.
And that is probably the best advice which I will follow. Thanks both.
Old May 23, 2017, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Which does make sense. Otherwise why buy a flexible business fare if you could just buy a cheap Plus fare+POUG and change as you please..?
Old May 23, 2017, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Well, the same could be said about Euro Traveller Plus vs. Flexible...

It'd still be a same-day only change vs. fully flexible.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.