Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:32 am

Hi,
Flying BGI/LGW in First, then transferring to LHR for flight to Glasgow.
Will we be allowed to use Concorde lounge in LHR?
Thanks
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:38 am

Programs: BA GGL
Yes, assuming it's a same day transfer. Just keep your inbound boarding pass to show the staff on reception.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 4:03 pm

Flying tomrrow (4/9) on BA2037 LGW-MCO
Both myself and my wife are in Club.
Decided to treat my daughter to a 2 week holiday last minute to congratulate her on graduating university. Could only afford Economy for her at the last minute and no Avios redemptions were available.
I blindly assumed we could guest her into the Lounge - until 10 minutes ago - just had to break the news to her - looks like none of us will be going into the Lounge as we wont leave her outside :-(
Old Sep 3, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by KeithS
Flying tomrrow (4/9) on BA2037 LGW-MCO
Both myself and my wife are in Club.
Decided to treat my daughter to a 2 week holiday last minute to congratulate her on graduating university. Could only afford Economy for her at the last minute and no Avios redemptions were available.
I blindly assumed we could guest her into the Lounge - until 10 minutes ago - just had to break the news to her - looks like none of us will be going into the Lounge as we wont leave her outside :-(
You can ask... I would, and I would say to the gate staff that if its not possibe could the two ladies go in and I will wander off to a bar nearby? You do have two club tickets after all and maybe, just maybe the ducks will line up and youre all allowed in.

Have a great trip whatever, and congrats to your daughter...
Old Sep 3, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA
LHR T5B vs T5 south

hi all,
im a newbie so apologies if this isn't in the right place. I'm flying CW LHR-BOS this Thursday BA0215 18.20 dept. I read that the main T5 (north and south) lounges are busy and depending on gate, T5B is quieter but I also read T5B often doesn't serve food. I'm bringing my parents on their golden wedding trip so I want to make the experience as memorable as possible.

thanks for any advice!
Old Sep 3, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
I've seen many questions answered for same day inbound in F connecting to short-haul flights as enabling Concorde Room access but what are people here views on a same day inbound in F (from JFK) connecting to a CW flight later that day (a short longhaul to Cairo?) - will Concorde Room access and perhaps Cabana booking be available for the transit? Or will entitlement likely be based on my departing flight in CW (and therefore access to GC) given it represents a more substantial "weight" of my overall journey?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by nh1980
I've seen many questions answered for same day inbound in F connecting to short-haul flights as enabling Concorde Room access but what are people here views on a same day inbound in F (from JFK) connecting to a CW flight later that day (a short longhaul to Cairo?) - will Concorde Room access and perhaps Cabana booking be available for the transit? Or will entitlement likely be based on my departing flight in CW (and therefore access to GC) given it represents a more substantial "weight" of my overall journey?
Keep your F boarding pass and show it at the CCR entrance to gain access. You're entitled to use it whether connecting to short or long haul so long as it's same day.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Halfpenny
hi all,
im a newbie so apologies if this isn't in the right place. I'm flying CW LHR-BOS this Thursday BA0215 18.20 dept. I read that the main T5 (north and south) lounges are busy and depending on gate, T5B is quieter but I also read T5B often doesn't serve food. I'm bringing my parents on their golden wedding trip so I want to make the experience as memorable as possible.

thanks for any advice!
T5B food offering is exactly the same as Galleries Club T5A North and South. Where have you read that it does not serve food?

yes T5B is typically quieter. But it can be a hassle getting out to B and then finding your flight is going from C. I would use T5A South and ask at the desk if they know the gate yet. Then if my flight was going from B head to the T5B lounge
Old Sep 3, 2017, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
You can ask... I would, and I would say to the gate staff that if its not possibe could the two ladies go in and I will wander off to a bar nearby? You do have two club tickets after all and maybe, just maybe the ducks will line up and youre all allowed in.

Many thanks
Old Sep 3, 2017, 11:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
There was also a new food trial in the Club Lounge in T5B, but I am not sure if it is still on or not.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:04 am

Good morning all,

Apologies for asking a basic question - I think my below scenario is probably covered by the guidelines set out above, but I would like to check:

1. Flying into LHR from DXB on Club World. Approximate arrival time 6.30am.

2. Then have an onward UK domestic to NCL in ET at around 2pm same day. Unfortunately, it is on a separate booking reference to DXB-LHR flight.

Assuming I have to collect bags and re-check in due to BA policy of not checking-through baggage on separate bookings, if I retain the earlier DXB-LHR Club World boarding pass, will I eligible to access Galleries Club lounge for my UK domestic flight? I have no (worthwhile) BAEC status.

Many thanks,
jeh86
Old Sep 4, 2017, 3:44 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
T5B food offering is exactly the same as Galleries Club T5A North and South. Where have you read that it does not serve food?

yes T5B is typically quieter. But it can be a hassle getting out to B and then finding your flight is going from C. I would use T5A South and ask at the desk if they know the gate yet. Then if my flight was going from B head to the T5B lounge
thank you, I read in a blog (headforpoints) that the food service at 5B was empty. I'll do what you suggest! Blog link below but may get blocked for moderation

http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/04/24/review-british-airways-galleries-lounge-heathrow-terminal-5b-satellite-terminals/
Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Halfpenny
thank you, I read in a blog (headforpoints) that the food service at 5B was empty. I'll do what you suggest! Blog link below but may get blocked for moderation

http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/04...ite-terminals/
There usually is food available in T5B but not at 5PM, although there should be soup at that time. The hot buffet operates 12:00–15:00; 18:00-22:30.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...d-options.html
Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
between 15:00 and 18:00 is afternoon tea, ie the sandwiches in the photos

it is the same service in all the GC lounges at LHR, not just T5B. You would have exactly the same options in GC in T5A north and south.

if you have access to the First Class lounge or CCR then you have better food options
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob

Unfortunately, the stars didn't align.....and they said 'no'.

Is this trip doomed?

1.5 hr delay take-off due to IFE issue. Not properly fixed so not really usable on the flight.

Now we land in MCO to be greated by the forthcoming arrival of Hurricane Irma!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.