TPs on discounted Y fares for partners?

Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:05 am
Original Poster

TPs on discounted Y fares for partners?

Hi all

I'm sure it must be somewhere in one of the stickies, but I can't find it.

I'm looking to book a cheapest fare to CGK and I need just a handful of TPs to renew gold so I'm am looking at MH or QR. I seem to recall that some fares don't earn TPs - is that right? Is that for MH and QR? Which booking classes must I avoid?

Feel free to point me to the right sticky if I've missed it.

Also I note that QR use 787s... are they the same hateful configuration as BA in Y?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I think that all QR fares earn something - 25% generally - whereas most of the very cheapest MH fares don't. (They also don't earn anything on Enrich). Some cheap CX fares are also non-earning. Find the fare, then check the TP calculator on BA.com.

QR's 787 allegedly has 0.3" less seat width than BA's, and the same pitch. It also has under-seat entertainment boxes. I've flown the 10-across QR 777 and that was OK - never done economy on any 787 though.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:19 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
I'm looking to book a cheapest fare to CGK and I need just a handful of TPs to renew gold so I'm am looking at MH or QR. I seem to recall that some fares don't earn TPs - is that right? Is that for MH and QR? Which booking classes must I avoid?
TP table on BA.com should tell you which fare buckets DO earn them. If they are not listed, it's best to assume that they do not earn anything.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
If your booking class isn't listed, then it doesn't earn: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Perfect. So the table IS reliable in this context. I had the impression that it might not be.

Thanks all. Gold here I come.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:59 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
QR 787's aren't great hence one of the reasons I avoid QR ex EDI. If you've got a free seat next to you, it isn't so bad, but a full flight in Y, no thanks.

S
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Saltire74
QR 787's aren't great hence one of the reasons I avoid QR ex EDI. If you've got a free seat next to you, it isn't so bad, but a full flight in Y, no thanks.

S
Looks like that's all they operate from DOH-CGK so I guess it's suck it up or find a plan B. Pity their flash sale in business class doesn't include CGK
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:09 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Looks like that's all they operate from DOH-CGK so I guess it's suck it up or find a plan B. Pity their flash sale in business class doesn't include CGK
I was looking at QR too for a trip to CGK but couldn't find decent fares in J either. CX ex AMS in J (SUB was consistently 1500 + a few quid, CGK I think could be a bit cheaper).

S
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:12 am
Original Poster

I'm not seeing that for my dates (early June) although MH is 1500ish which is tempting. But client will only pay Y ... which is about 500ish. Decisions, decisions...
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:19 am
Moderator, Emirates

I'm not seeing that for my dates (early June) although MH is 1500ish which is tempting. But client will only pay Y ... which is about 500ish. Decisions, decisions...
The CX fares in J at 1542 start near the end of July. What about GA? Not OW but I hear their L/H product is good.

S
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:20 am
Moderator, Emirates

Or do QF have a codeshare on EK?

S
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Saltire74
The CX fares in J at 1542 start near the end of July. What about GA? Not OW but I hear their L/H product is good.

S
I need 15 TPs to make gold again so I'm trying to find a OW option.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
BA, on the A380 and then changing in HKG? Can be done ex-LHR for 659 on the right dates, though I'm not sure if the CX legs will earn anything. The A380 is probably my favourite BA economy product. As a Gold you're talking about 18k miles vs. 3,500 so even if that leaves you funding the difference, you get most of it back in mileage.

Or an 800ish WTP LUX-KUL and a second ticket on MH? If the LUX timings don't work, MRS or BRU are also quite cheap.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cymro
BA, on the A380 and then changing in HKG? Can be done ex-LHR for 659 on the right dates, though I'm not sure if the CX legs will earn anything. The A380 is probably my favourite BA economy product. As a Gold you're talking about 18k miles vs. 3,500 so even if that leaves you funding the difference, you get most of it back in mileage.

Or an 800ish WTP LUX-KUL and a second ticket on MH? If the LUX timings don't work, MRS or BRU are also quite cheap.
Good suggestions - I'll check them out. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.