Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Family Account question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Family Account question

I currently have the Chase BA card (for about a year). If my wife applies for the card, will we be eligible for the bonus spending points if our points are pooled in a household account?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:30 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Davedmaine
I currently have the Chase BA card (for about a year). If my wife applies for the card, will we be eligible for the bonus spending points if our points are pooled in a household account?
Yes. Your cards as treated separately even if you happen to have the Avios pooled into a household account. This is assuming she's not an additional card holder on your card account and has applied for a fresh account in her own name.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
Yes. Your cards as treated separately even if you happen to have the Avios pooled into a household account. This is assuming she's not an additional card holder on your card account and has applied for a fresh account in her own name.
To clarify, the spouse in a household account can earn avios from his/her own card while also being an authorized user of his/her spouse's card. They are not mutually exclusive.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
To clarify, the spouse in a household account can earn avios from his/her own card while also being an authorized user of his/her spouse's card. They are not mutually exclusive.
I understood the OP's question to be as follows. The OP has a BA Chase Visa card which is linked to his BAEC account which is part of a household account. His wife is also a member of the same household account. His wife intends to apply for a new BA Chase Visa card in her own name which attracts a spend bonus. Will she qualify to receive the spend bonus given that her new Visa card will be linked to her own BAEC account which is part of their household account. My answer was yes.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 5:08 pm

A
Originally Posted by golfmad
I understood the OP's question to be as follows. The OP has a BA Chase Visa card which is linked to his BAEC account which is part of a household account. His wife is also a member of the same household account. His wife intends to apply for a new BA Chase Visa card in her own name which attracts a spend bonus. Will she qualify to receive the spend bonus given that her new Visa card will be linked to her own BAEC account which is part of their household account. My answer was yes.
I am not disagreeing. I was simply trying to point out that your original answer would have been less ambiguous if the bolded words below had been omitted:

"Yes. Your cards as treated separately even if you happen to have the Avios pooled into a household account. This is assuming she's not an additional card holder on your card account and has applied for a fresh account in her own name."

If she has applied for her own account, her status as an authorized user on the husband's account is not a disqualification.

My point may be overly fine. Not trying to pick a fight. I knew what you were saying, but others might not have. Not a biggie.

Last edited by Steve in Olympia; Apr 26, 2017 at 9:02 pm
Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
My point may be overly fine. Not trying to pick a fight. I knew what you were saying, but others might not have. Not a biggie.
Ok, I think between us we've got it covered

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.