Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It’s hit new lows ! [Catering]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
It’s hit new lows ! [Catering]

Friday night Heathrow to an outstation (I'll explain that bit at the end). So, the Kosher has been “enhanced” to either frozen sandwiches, or for dinner Chicken bits on a bed of grated carrot. The Childs, my Sunday night staple is now a slice of ham, a slice of cheese and no fruitshoot.

Tonight hit rock bottom. Asian Vegetarian. After the previous experiences, I joked with friends that I might get two bits of tofu on a bed of seaweed. We all agreed that 3 bits was probably too much for the BA budget.

So, the meal arrived. A spoonful of Dahl, a spoon of Couscous. 2 strips of cucumber and two strips of carrot. Plus a desert that look like the cat had thrown up.

Now, I’m sure if you are Michelin star chef you’d get away with this as a starter if it was tastey enough but it wasn't. Someone at BA is seriously taking the p!ss if this is their idea of a meal !

As for service, food, then a gap, then a drink (singular), then curtain closed just like the week before. Is it now a rule to shut the staff off from the customer ?

And forgive me for being stupid but if you’re so penny pinching, why replace the cups with Ikea mugs, are they on Sponsorship ?

So the reason not to mention the route. The CSM/CSD advised that they now have the new seating plans for Club (I haven't seen it mentioned here, maybe I've missed it). Current row 1 will now be row 2. The wardrode and bulkhead will go a-la Easyjet and row 1 will be at the door opposite the crew seats. Not very "Club" IMHO.

So all in all, I stopped aiming to renew GGL sometime ago by experimenting with LH, Swiss and even Virgin Trains to Glasgow. If this is the face of BA going forward, I won't even aim for Gold this year. Sad after holding one for longer than I can remember

Last edited by ComputerCommuter; Apr 23, 2017 at 7:53 am
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:56 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Regarding the CE seating, isn't that what quite a few aircraft at LGW have already?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Regarding the CE seating, isn't that what quite a few aircraft at LGW have already?
so I hear, though I have not travelled from Gatwick for over 1.5years after my Marrakesh flight lounge fiasco.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:09 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ComputerCommuter
The wardrode and bulkhead will go a-la Easyjet and row 1 will be at the door opposite the crew seats. Not very "Club" IMHO.
Easyjet are changing so there's now a wall between the crew and row 1. I had my first experience of one of these aircraft a couple of weeks ago.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Easyjet are changing so there's now a wall between the crew and row 1. I had my first experience of one of these aircraft a couple of weeks ago.
Very similar to Wizzair. It seems the LCC are really enhancing, where as BA just don't understand the meaning of the word.
The CSM/CSD said that there would be no wall/bulkhead and it would be open. ET seating going forward will have less pitch than Ryanair. He couldn't remember if CE would also be reduced but they have to find space for 2 extra rows at the back, so probably yes
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm not familiar with this new configuration but does removing the bulkhead not give you more leg space?

We flew Lufty longhaul J and had the cabin crew sit opposite us with the door in between at take off and landing and didn't see anything wrong with it. We had a nice chat with her.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
row 9 and row 23 on the A321 also have a seat opposite the crew seat, as did he rear cabin of the 757. I don't have a problem with it.
The only issue I have with Row 1 with no bulkhead ist that you can be exposed to the elements if there is no jetty
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
I rather like having a CC to chat to - I certainly don't feel that CE has any feeling of luxury or exclusivity to lose
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So W6 and U2 are adding a partition...and BA are taking it away. Always playing catch up. The truth is its just very #premium and the fact that the LCC are going the other way is because having no partition is too premium for them. BA rule the premium space.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I'm not familiar with this new configuration but does removing the bulkhead not give you more leg space?
It's not so much extra row but a whole new row further forward. Righ in line with the door.

We flew Lufty longhaul J and had the cabin crew sit opposite us with the door in between at take off and landing and didn't see anything wrong with it. We had a nice chat with her.

Only thing I see wrong is that you will right beside the door when it opens, so row 1A-C, then [nearly] everyone will be bumping you as they board. They'll be no wardrobe if you want to hang a jacket and as Scottishpoet points out, you'll be exposed to the elements if there is no jetty.

Last edited by ComputerCommuter; Apr 23, 2017 at 9:34 am
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Yes, I just remembered I did a AMS-LGW a few months back. It sounds on the face of it the same
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hugolover
So W6 and U2 are adding a partition...and BA are taking it away. Always playing catch up. The truth is its just very #premium and the fact that the LCC are going the other way is because having no partition is too premium for them. BA rule the premium space.
W6 have always had the partition. It's solid on the bottom and glass on the top
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by ComputerCommuter
So the reason not to mention the route. The CSM/CSD advised that they now have the new seating plans for Club (I haven't seen it mentioned here, maybe I've missed it). Current row 1 will now be row 2. The wardrode and bulkhead will go a-la Easyjet and row 1 will be at the door opposite the crew seats. Not very "Club" IMHO.
That is more ryanair-like. 1A-C are just by 1L, so if you are in remote or boarding with stairs you will feel very well the weather. Also everyone boarding will jump into you (especially 1C). And on-flight the space around 1L become the waiting area for the toilet (although I imagine that will not happen in BA as the toilet in front is only for CE)
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:21 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY

It is adding a new row by removing the bulkhead which is closer to the door. I had a few flights in this setting and it is uncomfortable as people bump into you more. Also at take off and landing the cabin crew feet have to share the same area as the 3 other pairs.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:27 pm

Hopefully removing the bulkhead will help keep fares competitive though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.