Standard letter ???

Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond, Scandic Top Floor
Question Standard letter ???

I recently took a 4 flight trip, all flights showed in the app with the avios & TP that would be earned. On the last flight I upgraded at the airport to CE. The first 3 flights Avios & TP have credited ok but on the last flight it hasn't credited anything (even that I took the flight). I contacted the call centre and they told me to upload the documents, I did this last night and less than 24 hrs later I have what seems a boiler plate response :

" Iberia's records confirm that you paid for a promotional upgrade to Business. While this allows you to enjoy the benefits of the new cabin both on-board and at the airport, I'm sorry to say the terms of the upgrade mean you do not earn extra Avios or Tier Points.
I know this is not the answer you were hoping for but, to be fair to all our Members, we have to stick to our membership guidelines, which you can see online at ba.com. "

Is this the same situation as EU compensation where initially they tell you "no" hoping you will drop it ? What confuses me is that before I upgraded the flight I was getting Avios & TP... The lady at LHR did have great difficulties doing the upgrade, it took her 15 mins and 2 different colleagues to help. It is only when I went to upload the documents I noticed she hadn't put my BAEC number on the new boarding pass. The missing flight is LHR to GLA.

Thanks for any help advice.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Are you trying to claim the initial Avios or TPs, or that of the cabin you upgraded to?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
Iberia has nothing to do with an LHR-GLA flight (well, it could be a codeshare). If you did a AUP at the airport for LHR-GLA, I'd expect the flight to be rebooked under the BA prime flight number and then the Avios/TP would come from BA and not from IB (and BA does offer the higher amount in the case of AUP, unlike IB/AA/MH/others).
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by navylad
Are you trying to claim the initial Avios or TPs, or that of the cabin you upgraded to?
Ideally I would like the upgraded TP ie 40 but right now there is nothing in my account even that I took the flight
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
Iberia has nothing to do with an LHR-GLA flight (well, it could be a codeshare). If you did a AUP at the airport for LHR-GLA, I'd expect the flight to be rebooked under the BA prime flight number and then the Avios/TP would come from BA and not from IB (and BA does offer the higher amount in the case of AUP, unlike IB/AA/MH/others).

Last edited by Down the back; Apr 20, 2017 at 4:48 pm Reason: To add reply
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

In the BAEC APP it showed the last leg ie LHR - GLA twice, with 2 different record locators,
one showed a BA Flight number and 1 showed an IB flight number. The other 3 flights were only BA flight numbers
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
<Snip> BA does offer the higher amount in the case of AUP, unlike IB/AA/MH/others).
Would you now the AY policy on POUG credit?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Down the back
In the BAEC APP it showed the last leg ie LHR - GLA twice, with 2 different record locators,
one showed a BA Flight number and 1 showed an IB flight number. The other 3 flights were only BA flight numbers
That's normal, it would be marketing vs. operating PNR. Unless it was created at the same point when you were trying to upgrade (unlikely, as your BAEC number was not included in the booking).
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Would you now the AY policy on POUG credit?
I believe it's the same as IB, etc, but don't quote me on that.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

That's normal, it would be marketing vs. operating PNR. Unless it was created at the same point when you were trying to upgrade (unlikely, as your BAEC number was not included in the booking).
But my BAEC number was on the boarding pass before I did the AUP ???
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I was trying to establish whether the new reference was as a result of your AUP or had been there all along.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I was trying to establish whether the new reference was as a result of your AUP or had been there all along.
Both reference numbers were always there, I had actually called up because I thought I had mistakenly booked 2 flights but the call centre explained that 1 PNR was BA and 1 was IB but for the same flight
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:35 am
Original Poster

All sorted, very helpful lady from UK customer services looked at the PNR, the documents I had uploaded and agreed the letter recvd was incorrect. Not only should I have had Avios /TP for the original ticket but I should get the higher Avios / TP as I had paid for the upgrade. She then put me on hold while she spoke to the Exec club and came back on to tell me all fixed and should be in account in 7-10 days.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:59 am

Programs: BA silver
Don't assume it is sorted till they actually land in your account!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.