Go Back   > > >

Old Apr 21, 17, 8:06 am   #1
Original Poster

BA Beer Fest

Was distracted when entering the first lounge in LHR 5 today but when I looked around, noticed there was an amazing cider and beer festival going on on the terrace!
Had a Wimbledon Brewery beer and a Thatchers cider.. What a wonderful way to start the weekend!
Haven't seen any threads about this, has anyone been around?
DFN85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 17, 8:14 am   #2

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, Hertz Gold PC
Well I will go and have a look right now - will take a toddle over from the work area and my glass of Castelnau
ThatT1Feeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 17, 8:17 am   #3
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
The Wimbledon beers are also located in the area as soon as you enter the lounge from the new first wing. They're here until early May. Get your feedback in. Let's have more of this!
layz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 17, 8:17 am   #4
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Let me welcome you to Flyertalk DFN85, and welcome you also to the BA forum. I rather suspect you may well be distracted by now, but nevertheless it's good to see you here. And as ever: À consommer avec modération.
corporate-wage-slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 17, 8:19 am   #5

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, Hertz Gold PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
À consommer avec modération.
Wise words as always from c-w-s! Am heading to the beer table right now. And, welcome DFN85 from me too - I suspect we are in the same lounge right now.
ThatT1Feeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 17, 9:00 am   #6

Programs: British Airways Gold, Avianca Brazil Gold, Alitalia Gold, Starbucks Gold
Will it still be there next Saturday?!
Schwann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 17, 10:13 am   #7

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; TG ROP Silver; Marriott Rewards Emeritus Platinum; Hertz#1
I spotted this the other day when on a flight to AMS. I reckon it is just a cunning ploy to distract people getting from First Wing into the CCR. Luckily it won't work on me....much!
johnaalex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 17, 10:26 am   #8

Programs: BA Gold
I saw this on Sunday, and also something out on the terrace, saw wooden crates or something?! Was a fleeting visit so didn't investigate
mikeyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 17, 10:32 am   #9
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
It was there last Saturday (15th) I even said to my friend. FINALLY BA is stocking some beer that I want to drink.

I can't stand generic beer, Heineken, Tiger and all the other junk they offer.

So this made me super happy. Will be back in the lounge tomorrow at 4.30AM, might be a little early this time to start though
When I Travel The World is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 17, 10:36 am   #10
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 00.05% towards Lifetime Gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
And as ever: À consommer avec modération.
And if you don't make sure you have a pee before you board in case of a long hold after leaving the gate.
HIDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 17, 10:36 am   #11
Original Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling View Post
Wise words as always from c-w-s! Am heading to the beer table right now. And, welcome DFN85 from me too - I suspect we are in the same lounge right now.
Thank you for your kind words, and thank you corporate-wage-slave, glad to be on Flyer Talk!
Since I had such a great time, just wanted to see what everyone else thought about this festival

Schwann, had a chat with one of the bartenders, and yes, the bar will be there until the beginning of May!
DFN85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 17, 10:32 am   #12

Programs: British Airways Gold, Avianca Brazil Gold, Alitalia Gold, Starbucks Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFN85 View Post

Schwann, had a chat with one of the bartenders, and yes, the bar will be there until the beginning of May!
Brilliant, thank you for asking! I want to reintroduce my girlfriend to cider after our nasty encounter with something on tap in a pub...
Schwann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 17, 10:51 am   #13

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by When I Travel The World View Post
I can't stand generic beer, Heineken, Tiger and all the other junk they offer.
When I was a student, a friend of mind offered some salient advice which has stuck with me all my life. There is no such thing as a fine lager - they all taste pretty mediocre and we only drink them to get drunk.

That was true thirty years ago and still how true now, even with the current fad for craft beers. Sure some taste nicer than others, but in the grand scheme of things, they are all junk when compared to truly great drinks.
FrancisA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 17, 3:00 pm   #14

Location: In theory near BHD or ABZ, but usually a hotel in another country
Programs: Seniors Bus Pass, Gold with BA & *A, EK & EY Silver and other random stuff, but no Moroccan Gold
I have reported on many of these "displays" in the past, did not say anything about this one when I saw it this week as I was not sure how long it had been there and if I had just missed it!

Unfortunately I am always driving after the flight and seldom get the chance to savour the goods.
antichef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 17, 4:23 pm   #15
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
It looks cheap and tacky, IMO.
Genius1 is offline   Reply With Quote