Wiki Posts
Search

Feeding the Multitude

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
bibbju,
there is no "Gold" priority in the meal service in WT+.

The only way I can think of to get a choice is to sit in the front row, as they normally serve from the front WT+ row first to the back last. They did on my Aus flight. They did on beany's Tokyo flight. However, last time I went to Toronto was years ago.

Maybe cihy has some tips?
Maybe the pasta might be higher quality?

Had I known how little choice there was, I'd have bought a takeaway from Salt Lick at Aus.

At least you have the lounge before you fly.
I'm in the front row on both flights (must be a bad Gold habit that I can't kick ) so fingers crossed that I stand a fighting chance of getting the beef. I guess I have to just be grateful that it's not WT although the + in WT+ doesn't sound like it means much on BA.

I may have been spoiled last time I flew Premium Economy with Air NZ and they gave me the entire row of 3 front seats to myself (ah the benefit of when I used to have their top status level!) and looked after me superbly for the entire flight (with some fabulous food and wines).

I need to (wo)man up and stop whining. And remind myself how much I like my friend and how much I'm looking forward to seeing him and his family.

But reading this thread, WT+ sounds truly miserable!!
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by bibbju
I'm in the front row on both flights (must be a bad Gold habit that I can't kick ) so fingers crossed that I stand a fighting chance of getting the beef. I guess I have to just be grateful that it's not WT although the + in WT+ doesn't sound like it means much on BA.

I may have been spoiled last time I flew Premium Economy with Air NZ and they gave me the entire row of 3 front seats to myself (ah the benefit of when I used to have their top status level!) and looked after me superbly for the entire flight (with some fabulous food and wines).

I need to (wo)man up and stop whining. And remind myself how much I like my friend and how much I'm looking forward to seeing him and his family.

But reading this thread, WT+ sounds truly miserable!!:(
I don't think a bowl of pasta will make your flight miserable.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: BAEC: BRONZE (Basic member: KLM, Emirates, United)
I think BAs new WT+ product is fantastic. Certainly in terms of the seat and room. Really good. Just take some food with you and you will be fine 😂😂
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I don't eat pasta. And being hungry makes me not a nice person to be around (although there are some that would suggest that it has nothing to do with hunger )

I'll be taking my emergency stash of almonds with me (hope no-one onboard has a nut allergy!) and might have to do a visit to Plane Food before leaving LHR. I'm more concerned about the flight from Toronto....might be forced to eat at dreadful Tim Horton's before boarding unless the BA lounge has reasonable food (my previous Toronto flights have all been with Air Canada, this is my first time using BA ex-Canada)
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:03 pm

I don't eat pasta. And being hungry makes me not a nice person to be around (although there are some that would suggest that it has nothing to do with hunger )

I'll be taking my emergency stash of almonds with me (hope no-one onboard has a nut allergy!) and might have to do a visit to Plane Food before leaving LHR. I'm more concerned about the flight from Toronto....might be forced to eat at dreadful Tim Horton's before boarding unless the BA lounge has reasonable food (my previous Toronto flights have all been with Air Canada, this is my first time using BA ex-Canada)
Are you able to prebook your meal, at least for the outbound LHR flight?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: BAEC
Having to eat a vegetarian pasta dish (where I was promised a choice of business class meals) would make me pretty unhappy, and would certainly take the shine off my flight...
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:03 pm

Are you able to prebook your meal, at least for the outbound LHR flight?
Can I prebook the beef??

Sorry, this makes me sound like I'm very fussy about food and usually I'm not. But there's something about sloppy pasta being the only meal on offer that has me verging on a DYKWIA moment. (Note to self: try not to make an appearance on the DYKWIA thread).
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by beany_bot
I think BAs new WT+ product is fantastic. Certainly in terms of the seat and room. Really good. Just take some food with you and you will be fine ����
Take some food with you?

Is this S/H BoB? Or are we getting ready for it to be applied to L/H= )
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
As I said at the beginning, the plane was good. Newish and very clean. The IFE was very good, as were the crew.
Why spend all that money on Crew, IFE, Plane, and ruin it by saving pennies on the food????

What idiot would run a service business in that way? Huge capex and Op costs, being reduced by penny pinching and annoying the customer?

Even MoL spotted that he could make more money by being nice to slf.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:48 am

Can I prebook the beef??

Sorry, this makes me sound like I'm very fussy about food and usually I'm not. But there's something about sloppy pasta being the only meal on offer that has me verging on a DYKWIA moment. (Note to self: try not to make an appearance on the DYKWIA thread).

You should be able to reserve you main course for yourself flight from LHR. You don't sound fussy, I'm sure I'd feel a little disappointed if the only option was a vegetarian pasta dish. I hope you enjoy your flights ^
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I believe that there are some small improvements coming to the WT plus offering, the simple reason why there was more pasta then beef is cost, BA are so cheap.
BA LOVE their cheapy carbs! 5kg pasta for a few quid down at Aldi and pickup a few cartons of Sunpride while you're there ... You can cater everyone aft of Club and it's covering a few SPML too.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:48 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
As I said at the beginning, the plane was good. Newish and very clean. The IFE was very good, as were the crew.
Why spend all that money on Crew, IFE, Plane, and ruin it by saving pennies on the food????

What idiot would run a service business in that way? Huge capex and Op costs, being reduced by penny pinching and annoying the customer?

Even MoL spotted that he could make more money by being nice to slf.
You know what? I feel like Alex Cruz actually hates his customers. Why else treat them with such contempt?
Catering is probably the cheapest element of the services offered by BA. I am sure people won't even notice 10 GBP higher fares on their 1000 GBP WT+ tickets with some decent food!
Or maybe he is doing it on purpose so you 'pay' more for a gourmet meal in the future?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:10 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Maybe one that a staffer could answer : what is the typical ratio of passenger demand when there's a meat or pasta dish choice ? And what is typically loaded ?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, A3
On a recent AMS to LHR in 6A I wasn't even offered the Afternoon Tea, which I believe is part of the deal. I asked for a cup of tea and the attendant's service ended there. In 6C was a feisty American lady who had connected after a long flight. She also wasn't offered anything. Not even a biscuit. Being eagle eyed she spotted the trays at the bottom on the trolley and simply said that we two would be have those! She only saw the two trays!
Again they must not have had enough supplies.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
The current price for wt+ lhr to aus return is Ł1563.

I think they could buy some beef rather than pasta for the 42 seats in wt+.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.