Wiki Posts
Search

Return of the amuse-bouche and other tales

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2017, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Some
Return of the amuse-bouche and other tales

Times interview with AC this morning stating that the amuse-bouche will be coming back to First - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/t...ions-fqgpvxhr2

Also another covering BA buy on board that discusses the potential intro of BoB on longhaul - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...haul-7snr3r50f

The quotes from AC in the second one are particularly hilarious - “It’s going great. Customers say to us: ‘Finally, I have good choices. No more chicken or beef’." What, you mean like all the 'premium' CE passengers still get? What percentage of ET passengers were getting 'chicken or beef' under the old, largely individual-wrapped crisp system anyway?

Both behind the paywall I'm afraid (but you can view two articles for free by registering).
Old Apr 9, 2017, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Some
Also to flag are i) likely plans for 10-across economy on the LHR 777s, ii) return of the flowers in F and iii) the fact that AC rates the current overall BA customer experience 8/10 rising to 10/10 shortly.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Also to flag are i) likely plans for 10-across economy on the LHR 777s, ii) return of the flowers in F and iii) the fact that AC rates the current overall BA customer experience 8/10 rising to 10/10 shortly.
I think the cabin 'densification' on long and short haul have been known about. In a few years' I'm sure galley space on long haul will be reduced to cater for fact everything will be BoB so some folk will bring their own / eat pre departure.

In fact they could take inspiration from the rail industry here. They could get rid of cabin crew and move to Pilot Only Operation (POO). Then on the A380 there is probably space for an M&S shop somewhere. Could avoid the need to load trolleys and save weight. Could possibly have a 'Plane Manager' to perform safety critical duties if they think POO is a non-starter, with 'retail service assistants' provided by M&S to help run the catering...possibilities are endless!

It'll be interesting to see what happens to WT+. Will that become, basically, extra legroom with catering 'unbundled' (i.e. a paid extra) or will they sell it as an 'all inclusive' package?

Last edited by IAMORGAN; Apr 9, 2017 at 3:23 am
Old Apr 9, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
iii) the fact that AC rates the current overall BA customer experience 8/10 rising to 10/10 shortly.
He's either delusional or has stolen Steve Jobs' reality distortion field
Old Apr 9, 2017, 7:12 am

I will say the former
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:24 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Minor first class "improvements" to step a little back in time while making economy class worse than ever. It's going to get ugly for BAEC customers with huge balances of Avios points.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Minor first class "improvements" to step a little back in time while making economy class worse than ever. It's going to get ugly for BAEC customers with huge balances of Avios points.
The cryptic remark about coming changes to BAEC to make it more customer friendly is what worries me. If they move onto destroying BAEC like they have the actual airline then I'll be back to Star and the joy of not transferring at LHR.
Old May 28, 2017, 11:12 pm

Had my first F flight recently after they removed the tasting menu (which I quite enjoyed from previous years' flights).

When I inquired "There's no more tasting menu" in a sad tone... the rather matronly crew immediately tried to assuage me by saying "But we brought back the amuse bouche!" which was positioned as a major achievement by the crew in fighting for the F passenger.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:46 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Looks like the day blanket is back on each seat in F rather than on request. It was on the late BOS flight last night. I asked the CC about it and she said it was a recent change. Must have been a very recent change. Or perhaps it was a one-off. Any thoughts anyone?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:59 am

Not sure it was ever a great issue. Ask and thee shall get.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by golfmad
Looks like the day blanket is back on each seat in F rather than on request.
In June at least, the standard was meant to be that the blanket would be proactively offered along with with the amenity kit/pyjamas/slippers (or at another appropriate time). Not sure if that's changed for July.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Had my first F flight recently after they removed the tasting menu (which I quite enjoyed from previous years' flights).

When I inquired "There's no more tasting menu" in a sad tone... the rather matronly crew immediately tried to assuage me by saying "But we brought back the amuse bouche!" which was positioned as a major achievement by the crew in fighting for the F passenger.
But the tasting menu was only ever on a limited number of routes and obviously BA didn't think it worked.

Amuse bouche replaced the canapés that used to be served before departure in F.

I tend to think BA is getting this right. Decent premium cabins, quality but pay for what you want economy.

How many in this board ever fly long haul in economy?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:39 pm

It would appear that things are slipping again. On my flight back from JFK on Friday night - no flower in either F toilet.
Even worse the tea selection has been enhanced and the jasmine tea has been removed so there is now no green tea variant in F. Asked for green tea from Club World and there was none available.
The blanket was on the F buddy seat but as most BA cabins tend to be far too warm for me, it is of limited benefit.

On a more positive note, the Filet Mignon served in the CCR was exceptional and close to wagyu taste and texture.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by FrancisA
But the tasting menu was only ever on a limited number of routes and obviously BA didn't think it worked.
The tasting menu was only served in F on the A380 routes which just so happens to be the routes I fly most often.
It was some of the best food I have experienced on BA and the impression I got from other passengers in F was that it was popular and well liked.
It would however have cost more to prepare and serve than the BA F menu we have now so I think we can guess as to why BA did not think it worked.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
Originally Posted by golfmad
Looks like the day blanket is back on each seat in F rather than on request. It was on the late BOS flight last night. I asked the CC about it and she said it was a recent change. Must have been a very recent change. Or perhaps it was a one-off. Any thoughts anyone?
Was on BA215 to BOS in F a few days ago. I too had the blanket on the seat plus was given a pyjama without having to ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.